Relay to fridge help please.

suethedriver

My hubby has fitted ( well not finished yet!!!!!! ) a relay to power the fridge whilst driving but even though i have downloaded him the Dometic manual he still has not got round to actually finishing the wiring.

He is not sure if it means taking out the fridge from the unit as it cannot be accessed from outside the vehicle.If this is how it has to be done then i can tell him he has to pull it out & i guess from there it will be logical where to put the wire.

I would like to know if there is anyone ( private or business ) in the York area who would be able to advise, or finish the job as i want to use the motorhome soon!

Hi, Clive has answered what the wring circuit is liek with his link. As to where it connects to the fridge itself depends on the model, but chances are it is on on the top right behind the control knobs. I do not think you will get enough access by removing the cover along the top, and the fridge will need to be pulled out a few inches. Are you sure 12volts has not been connected to it before and a wire may already exist going to it.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Phew, hes finally taken the fridge out enough to wire it as per manual says BUT still not sure if it works as have only had vehicle running for about 1/2 hour on the driveway and i know that 12v is meant for keeping fridge cold & not making it cold from scratch , so will have to actually wait until we go on a journey i suppose ( if that ever happens!! hes not a camper !!)

There is power getting there so dont see why it wont work, unless something else has gone, the fuses elsewhere are ok.

The motorhome was a conversion when bought ( ebay) and the wiring was rubbish, we have had to do quite a bit here and there.

We still have a 12v socket for the tv that when investigated has no wire anywhere near it !!! Think we`l just run an extension lead to the inverter, might be easiest solution.

Thanks for your help.

Archived