IE8 crash problems on this site

Patricia

When I installed the beta version of IE8 I experienced quite a few crashes when logged into the forum and assumed it was because it was the beta version. I have now downloaded the final version and it has just crashed again and tells me it is because of a problem with this site.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Patricia - 2009-03-24 12:57 PM

When I installed the beta version of IE8 I experienced quite a few crashes when logged into the forum and assumed it was because it was the beta version. I have now downloaded the final version and it has just crashed again and tells me it is because of a problem with this site.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I installed it on to my PC which runs on Vista and there doesn't seem to be any problems so I installed it onto my laptop with XP and had loads of trouble. It kept closing the internet down and saying there was a problem with DEP, sending error messages to Microsoft etc. I tried to get onto the Microsoft website to try to sort it out but before I could do anything, it kept closing me down. I have uninstalled it now and was quite relieved to see that I still had my list of favourites.

Patricia

I don't know who your ISP is, but BT Yahoo have just (this morning) released a specific version of IE8 to work with BY Yahoo and McAfee. This version is 'optimised' to overcome some protection problems experienced with the normal version of IE8.

You can get the special BT version of IE8 from the BT Yahoo Home Page (it's a button on the left side of the page).

Michael

spospe - 2009-03-26 9:19 AM

Patricia

I don't know who your ISP is, but BT Yahoo have just (this morning) released a specific version of IE8 to work with BY Yahoo and McAfee. This version is 'optimised' to overcome some protection problems experienced with the normal version of IE8.

You can get the special BT version of IE8 from the BT Yahoo Home Page (it's a button on the left side of the page).

Michael

Thank you for this information Michael. I tried your suggestion of using the compatability mode and it did seem better but still crashed again last night. I didn't realise that Yahoo was part of BT. I do have McAfee installed and also have a Yahoo account which I only use for a specific purpose but so far have not experienced any problems with any other site than this one. It seems strange but could very well be the McAfee which is the problem. Will give your new suggestion a go though - thanks again.

Patricia

BT Yahoo did quite specifically state that IE8 was not compatible with McAfee (it did not say what the problem was) and that we would have to wait for the special BT Yahoo version.

The new BT Yahoo version of IE8 comes with a new version of Anti-Spy which you will have to download the first time that you try to use it.

Michael

spospe - 2009-03-26 2:29 PM

Patricia

BT Yahoo did quite specifically state that IE8 was not compatible with McAfee (it did not say what the problem was) and that we would have to wait for the special BT Yahoo version.

The new BT Yahoo version of IE8 comes with a new version of Anti-Spy which you will have to download the first time that you try to use it.

Michael

I have never heard of Anti-Spy and it certainly did not say anything about downloading it when I installed the Yahoo version of IE8 so I can only think that this is the thing that clashes with McAfee. Anysay so far, so good!

Archived