What tyres ?

AnnPaul

Have a Rapido 7087F, It looks like i will need new tyres very soon, which ones should I fit next time?

At present I have Michelin Camper fitted are there any other makes that i can and are they better ?

Or should I just get normal van tyre fitted ?? My brother inlaw has just bought an Adria Twin (brand new) which he says is fitted with normal tyres.

Best price where ?

Your help need please.

8-) 8-)

Guest Tracker
This has been discussed several times over the years and a search in the search facility might well throw some illumination upon the black art of tyres!

Paul, we replaced our Michelin Camper tyres last year for the newest Michelin version, The Agilis. At the time they were on offer at Kwikfit and paid about £540 for 5. At the time no one could beat that on the net.

Yes there are loads of alternatives, cheaper no doubt but not for me thanks, pay yer money takes yer choice applies as ever.

As one old experienced guy said to me when discussing the tyre issue said, "just remember it's the only thing between you and the road Son..."

The Agilis, (for us), is quieter and has improved our MPG too.

I echo what Rich says, bags of threads on here about the subject.

Martyn

We`ve downsized to a Warwick which is fitted with Pirelli Chrono`s, the one noticeable point is the lack of tyre noise after an "A" Class and Coachbuilt both on Michelin Campings. It could of course be just down to the different type of van but food for thought.

I am with Lord Thornber on this one. The Mihelin Agilis camping is a far better and improved beast than the Michelin XC. It is not an awfully lot more cost than the Conti offererings if you shop around and to me is worth the little extra. It is also rated M+S which means it is suitable for use on snow and ice ( softer rubber compound at low temperatures and better traed pattern). Note the M+S rtaing only applies until tread wears to a certain depth. This winter had a good chance to test on ice and snow and is quite remarkable compared to the older XC.

At the end of the day both the Conti and Michelin are good tyres, and I would not consider anything else apart from these two makes if you have a heavy motorhome. If you have a van conversion type Motorhome than yes you can consider others if you do high annual mileage and do not require long life age wise.

Jon.

Archived