Cancellation of Auto Trail Apache 634L

Frank McAuley

WEF Frid 27 th inst I have "put on hold" the order of a new Auto Trail Apache 634L due to the startling info in this forum. I have stated that I will be very pleased to purchase the motorhome if the "new" Ford engine and gearbox are fitted.

What are the prospects of me owning this motorhome?

I must strongly indicate that I am very disappointed with Motorhome manufacturers and dealers operating a misinformation and possibly actionable policy.

Has there been any attempt to organise a civil action pertinent to this apparent perfidious activity which has been in existence for so long? I am sure there would be sufficient funds from disappointed owners!

Frank,

Firstly welcome to the forum which is a mine of information.

If you do a search you will find many references to the possibility of legal action.

Lots of people have already bought and found out about the Fiat problems the hard way.

I am lucky that I am not one of them but my wallet has been burned with previous Fiat problems.

Best wishes with whichever 'van you opt for.

Stuart

Don't know why everyone is singing the praises of Ford. The other day I was travelling down the M4 and I was in a bit of a hurry. However, got stuck in middle lane behind a Ford Transit van with popular biscuit advertising all over it. It was crawling along at 30mph and because of volume of traffic I could not get out and past, even the slow lane traffic was travelling faster. After about half an hour I decided to pull in at services and you guesed it, van driver pulled in also and parked just in front of me. When I got out I went across and asked him what that was all about, he immediately apologised prefusely and stated that he could not help it as he had " A Slow Digestive Transit" - Sorry. couldn't resist it :D

Big Momma - 2009-03-31 9:18 PM

Don't know why everyone is singing the praises of Ford. The other day I was travelling down the M4 and I was in a bit of a hurry. However, got stuck in middle lane behind a Ford Transit van with popular biscuit advertising all over it. It was crawling along at 30mph and because of volume of traffic I could not get out and past, even the slow lane traffic was travelling faster. After about half an hour I decided to pull in at services and you guesed it, van driver pulled in also and parked just in front of me. When I got out I went across and asked him what that was all about, he immediately apologised prefusely and stated that he could not help it as he had " A Slow Digestive Transit" - Sorry. couldn't resist it :D

Was this two days ago Eric? And was the van called Gloria? If so ...

Sic transit gloria mundi! :D

Tony

Big Momma - 2009-03-31 9:18 PM

Was this an early April Fools joke.....A slow digestive transit...I would suggest....Fullious of Crapious :D :D

Bryan.gif.2fcc80916857365d913e889f3f10d93e.gif

Archived