Fiat Ducato 2.3 6 speed owners without reverse judder

Guest peter

Come on lads, lets be fair, driving ability varies a huge amount, we have all seen people who in all honasty should'nt be driving their vehicle,

Some of them very inteligent people. 40 odd years ago I used to drive a builders truck which only about myself and 1 other on the firm could change gear o/k,

As i have said before, some people are practical and some are clever,

often' not allways' not both.

So I am driving my vehicle incorrectly then Rupert!. I am not amused by your statement. I have driven all sorts of vehicles during my 65 years, including military vehicles, and never experienced the sort of problem that I have with my present Ducato. The problem with the gearbox is the ratio and you don't have to be an engineer (which I am) to come to that conclusion.

I am compiling some information which I hope to take further and I need your help.

Am I correct in assuming that the first model of the X250 Sevel chassis appeared on a conversion in 2007? If this is the case when was the first report of transmission faults and also 'scuttlegate'? And how many of these were on 6-speed 3litre models?

I would be grateful for your responses.

rowley - 2009-04-13 8:52 PM

So I am driving my vehicle incorrectly then Rupert!. I am not amused by your statement. I have driven all sorts of vehicles during my 65 years, including military vehicles, and never experienced the sort of problem that I have with my present Ducato. The problem with the gearbox is the ratio and you don't have to be an engineer (which I am) to come to that conclusion.

I have no idea, is it a five speed 2.2, which is what I was talking about.

Archived