ACSI Guide discount?

Patricia

Perhaps I am imagining it but I thought I remembered reading a post by Don Madge which gave a code to get a discount off this guide. I have done a search, unsuccessfully, but wonder if anyone can remember using this code? I am not sure whether Don is around at the moment.

Hi, Don

How did they arrange that, can't the same discount be offered to the other motorhome web sites ?

Thanks

Don Madge - 2009-03-30 10:00 AM

Mike88 - 2009-03-30 9:19 AM

The discount is available to Motorhomefacts members from their website. I think its only about £1 off.

Mike,

Vicarious Books allow a 5% discount for Motorhome Facts members.

Don

It is up to the individual motorhome websites to contact Vicarious Books to see if any discounts can be arranged.

If you subscribe to the Vicarious Books mailing list there is usually a discount to be had for a limited time with each news letter..

Don

Talking of ACSI offers made me remember that if anyone is travelling from Italy to Greece this year then Superfast ferries are offering 25% discount off all vehicle types. The offer runs for the whole of 2009. Also if you are travelling down to Crete then there is a new Superfast ferry from Piraeus to Heraklion which travels during the day meaning no overnight necessary on the ferry.

ike - 2009-03-30 4:10 PM

I read in the latest MMM that there is a French version of the ACSI book/card which details more sites than the British one. Does anyone know if this is the case?

ike

Don't tell me that - I have just ordered from Vicarious!

Total misunderstanding I'm afraid. I suspect that they were loking at the full directory.

ACSI have been inspecting and recommendng sites for 40+ years. They publish a directory of all 8,500 odd sites annually iincluding those that paticipate in the discount scheme. Unfortunately this full directory is not published in English but is available as a DVD and on the website.

About 5 years ago ACSI found that several of these sites were willing to offer off-season discounts at a set rate. ACSI publish these as the Camping Card directory and card.

The reason for not publishing in english was lack of demand. Bearing in mind that ACSI was not well known in UK until Vicarious Books became the agent for the Camping Card it's understandable. Whether ACSI will reconsider it's decision in light of the take up here remains to be seen.

There is no discrimination over the discount scheme. You can check it out by loking at www.campingcard.at or .fr or .nl etc. A look at their web shops will show the full directory.

Petra - 2009-03-30 11:40 AM

Talking of ACSI offers made me remember that if anyone is travelling from Italy to Greece this year then Superfast ferries are offering 25% discount off all vehicle types. The offer runs for the whole of 2009. Also if you are travelling down to Crete then there is a new Superfast ferry from Piraeus to Heraklion which travels during the day meaning no overnight necessary on the ferry.

Petra you kindly gave me some avice earlier, we are leaving for Greece next Wednesday we are going with GB Privilige so all the Ferrys for that part of the journey are booked and included but when the 3 week tour is finished we would like to take the Hymer to some of the smaller Islands perhaps and was wondering if you know if there is a ferry from Piraeus to Agina which could be used with the ACSI deal or any of the smaller Islands that you know of. thanks Carol.

Thanks Don, I will sign up for the mailing list

Don Madge - 2009-03-30 11:23 AM

It is up to the individual motorhome websites to contact Vicarious Books to see if any discounts can be arranged.

If you subscribe to the Vicarious Books mailing list there is usually a discount to be had for a limited time with each news letter..

Don

Big Momma - 2009-03-30 9:44 PM

Got my ACSI DVD from Vicarious On-Line. They give a discount if you buy On-Line (Also on any books purchased)

I bought online but it didn't mention a discount but maybe the price was reduced.

Probably my mistake and perhaps bit of accidental mis-information. Vicarious send me Emails when they have new or updated publications, on reflection, when they send me the Email they put in a promotion code which I then use when I purchase using their On-Line order form. So to clarify, the discount code is in the Email not on their actual website. Sorry if I misled you :'(

Carol

Would not recommend taking your motorhome to Aegina as it is really not worth it as the island is very small. As far as I know Aegina is served by the flying Dolphins and not Superfast. If you want to go to Aegina you would be better off taking the hydrofoil and spending the day there. It is a very nice town Aegina town but not much else there.

The ACSI offer is only for the ITaly Greece route.

Petra

Petra - 2009-03-31 4:43 PM

Carol

Would not recommend taking your motorhome to Aegina as it is really not worth it as the island is very small. As far as I know Aegina is served by the flying Dolphins and not Superfast. If you want to go to Aegina you would be better off taking the hydrofoil and spending the day there. It is a very nice town Aegina town but not much else there.

The ACSI offer is only for the ITaly Greece route.

Petra

Thanks Petra, you are probably right Ed agrees its just that we had some idyllic holidays on Aegina many moons ago, I am probably remembering it through rose coloured glasses, will take the flying dolphins, glad to know they are still operating. many thanks Carol.

Never mind the discount....this year the ACSI ebtries include GPS referenes, have just returned from France/Spain after three months travel, and the GPS references make travel life a doddle...go for it, its worth every penny/cent.

Nomadicx2

The inclusion of GPS co-ordinates is a real bonus. The Bord Atlas also available through Vicarious gives information on Stellplatz and Campsites in Germany and these also include GPS co-ordinates, with it comes the Bord Atlas Europe, although not nearly as much coverage as the ACSI guide still very useful.

Archived