France Passion POIs

Randonneur

A thread has been resurrected on another Forum regarding a France Passion POI zip file to download for SatNavs. The original Member that started the thread is no longer a Subscriber. Does anyone know whether the file is still available for download from him?

Randonneur - 2009-03-30 12:43 PM

A thread has been resurrected on another Forum regarding a France Passion POI zip file to download for SatNavs. The original Member that started the thread is no longer a Subscriber. Does anyone know whether the file is still available for download from him?

Are you referring to "philw"'s file offered a good while back on the MHF forum? If so, I would have thought your best (probably only) hope of finding out if the file is still alive and kicking would be to explore this on MHF. I note that philw's last logon to MHF (at least as "philw"!) was in July 2007, so you may well be out of luck.

It's perhaps worth highlighting that quite a few France Passion sites have come and gone in the last couple of years, so, even if you can acquire a copy of the POI file, if it has not been updated since 2007 it's likely to be of limited value.

Derek, thank you, managed to get a small FP TomTom file but very few sites in it. Phil is not a subscriber anymore so I will be able to get the file that he created.

The reason for wanting the TomTom file was because although we live in France we have found that FP sites are really hard to find. There is one not too far away from where we live and have tried to get to it but whichever way we go there are low bridges, we keep saying that we will go in the car just out of curiosity.

Hi, I have spent the last few weeks creating a France passion data flie for sites in the 2009 book close to a route Calais to Agde via Rouen, Chartres, Orleans, gien, Nevers, Moulins Clermont ferrand, Millau .

Details taken from book and transcribed to satnav data using on screen mapping for Garmin quest, converted to CSV file for eventual update into Mio satnav. Datafile processed via Microsoft works and therefore exist also in xls format for Spreadsheet.

Close on 200 entries in the file, but no guarantees of accuracy, but hopefully should take us within a mile of the sites.

File could be available if I receive request via pm with your email address.

Remember accuracy not proven.

tonyg3nwl

Well, what do you know, I have just had an email from the man that created the FP POIs and he is still around but doesn't have a motorhome at the moment.

If anyone wants the file he created then email him at phil.whiles@gmail.com

He sends with the POIs an Excel file as well with all the info on it and asks that if you do visit one of the POIs that needs updating please let him know.

Archived