Sevel plant pictures

urbanracer

Thanks for that, it does seem very professional.

That is of course the French Sevel North factory, I wonder if we will see a 'you-tube' video of the Italian engineers scratching their heads at the Sevel South factory where everything is not going so smoothly?

Nice to see something constructive and light hearted on the forum; good on you.

Nick

A far cry from one of my visits in the 1970s to the Leyland engine plant in Leyland (would you believe), where there was a guy fitting the dry liners into the block. They were kept in a box refrigerated by dry ice. Although they were actually larger than the hole into which they would be put (no sniggers now!) the chilling contracted them enough to fit. He picked up six at a time and dropped them in finishing with a little tap. As they were very brittle he was almost up to his knees in broken bits but they took those away and recast them into more.

Aah..... happy days.

Last time I was in the Leyand Factory was about 1991,then it was Leyland DAF mainly making 7.5 T,I have just picked up the model I was given and in the box on the back I found a cutting ' Leyland DAF limited in administrative receivership and liquidation' dated May 2008.

Sad :-(

Archived