HELP AND INFO

CANDI

I'M A BIT NEW TO ALL THIS HAVING JUST BROUGHT AN OLD TALBOT/FIAT MOTORHOME, AS WONDERING IF SOME OF THE GREAT KNOWLEDGE COULD TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND ANYTHING I SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR?

MANY THANKS

CANDI

Hi Candi,

As you mention Talbot, it must be pre-1993.

How is your gear change?

Now is the time to start collecting names of FIAT parts suppliers. I understand that FIAT themselves are no longer stocking parts for older vehicles. But FIAT main dealers MAY have details of your Talbot on their computer.

Hi Candi Just wanted to say Hi and welcome. Can't help with any technical stuff ...... it is doing my head in on my own van.... but there are people on here who will always help you. If you don't get a reply it will be because they havn't come across that problem.

If that is a picture of your van on the avatar, it looks pretty good to me for 1984. Joy

I HAVE USED DELFIN FOR THE GEARBOX AND YOU WERE RIGHT THEY WERE EXTREAMLY HELPFUL AND KNOWLEDGABLE AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM TO ANY ONE

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF A POWERMANGEMENT SYSTEM(ZIG) CALLED

MAC-TRONICS ONE FITTED IN VAN TRIED LOCATE ON LINE FOR INFO ON HOW IT WORKS/INSTRUCTIONS BUT TO NO AVAIL

Hi Candi,

LPG? I think you will have problems using the Chunnel, no doubt somebody here can comment from personal experience.

When was your cam-belt last changed (Golly gosh, I'm a miseryguts). On the other hand, my local garage charged me only £40, including the cost of the belt.

LPG powered vehicles are not allowed on the tunnel. They now allow under slung fixed tanks 80% full, they have to be turned off as do bottles. Oh and you board last so any fire caused by you can be contained.

Archived