replacement tyres

William J

hymer 564 1995 fiat 2.5, can I have some views on tyres that suit.

I'm told continental are good though they are a bit pricey. the tyres on at present have plenty of tread but the walls are cracking and they are a mixture of makes that are up to ten years old.

Bill.

I´ve used hangkook tyres on both my car and Motorhome, and have found them to be excellent.

Just watch the max psi pressure....I think from memory the ones I used were max 65 psi.

If you´re running a heavy MH, maybe that might not be enough tyre pressure.

Hello all,

We have been using Hankook RA08 tyres for 8 years on our commercial van fleet. We have had 2 defective tyres in about 400 units, and these were easy to detect because they were difficult to balance. The mileage we get is at least as good as the competition and they are considerably cheaper. Handling and noise is very competitive also. The 'off the shelf' tyre is an 8 ply but you can ask for 10 ply versions that will tolerate much higher pressures up to 85psi in the 215 75 16 10pr ones that we have in at the moment for the X250 vans.

Obviously we get very big discounts on our tyres but you should be able to source the 10 ply Hankook at around 30% less than Continental.

Nick

Hi

Just had 4 Continental Vanco Camper tyres fitted yesterday at National Tyre Services.

I went into the TyreShopper website and found the tyres. They do a deal where you buy the tyres from them and they send them to a tyre fitters (several choices).

I rang around our local tyre fitters and was given various prices.

I spoke to National Tyres and told them I had found the tyres on the web for £388 for 4, inclusive of fitting, new valves, insured, balanced. They agreed to match the price.

I have a 5.9 metre coachbuilt Fiat 2.3 which I think is about the size of yours.

Hi,

recently bought a pair of Hankooks 195/70 15C 8 ply for my Boxer for £63 each from a small independant dealer.

Until now have used Conti Vancos but failed the MOT on one that had worn strangely but plenty of tread left after 40,000 miles on the rear in 5 years :-D

Hope the Hankooks last a reasonable time :-D

Steve

Hankooks are ok, but handle depending upon what they being used with! I recall them being great for the BMW 5 series - but useless on a nissan micra!

Roadstone are a reasonable budget - around £55, but they will perish before they wear.

Your best bet really is to ask yourself how you use your motorhome - a few times in the summer, or virtually live in it most of the year. If the later, go for a mid-range or well wearing tyre like BFG. If you are going to use it for the summer of pottering around and then stand it up over the winter, go for a budget....you will need to replace it next season anyway!

Archived