Good news / bad news

Stuart

Just got notification from Europ Assistance that they are settling my claim for having to cancel our Spanish trip in Feb. Nice to be able to write good things sometimes.

The bad news is that I had a glance at the date code on my tyres and found 3204 which I reckon puts them at August 2004. Bit off as the van was not registered until May 2006.

Stuart.

Let's hope that bob b doesn't have to post another reply, as next time it could be "tragic news". My tyres are 6 years old this year and will certainly be replaced, despite them looking fine with plenty of tread and an unused spare - you're only here once - life is not a rehersal!

Stuart

Most tyres are quite old before they are put on your vehicle, usually around a year. What you have to watch with tyres is sunlight, as that is what rots them!

As for motorhomes, year of registration is just that! Again, they are usually around two years old before they are registered. It gets worse for cars......i did my apprenticeship at a Ford main dealer. We had an open weekend, where we pulled in unregistered cars and labelled everything underneath for the WI. They were coming in to be shown one end from the other etc. The usual sexist stuff back then! lol!

Anyway, i pulled this Granada on the ramp, unregistered car, and found a whopping rust hole in the floorpan.....so ended up welding a patch on a 25k top of the range granada that had never seen a road! It was around 3 years old according to the build date, and the compound it had been stored in had a reputation for flooding for long periods.

Goes to show!

Archived