Practical Motorhome report

rupert123

You must have missed the Editor of MMM deliberations and attempts on readers behalf for a fair resolution on this matter then. It was well published and no punches were pulled.

C.

(Please don,t ask me which issue of the mag as we pass them to the local doctors surgery)

I have promised faithfully not to argue with anyone about anything on here ever again, so I will just state my own opinion and not comment on that of others.

I thought the Practical Motorhome so-called interview was nothing but a very (very) thinly veiled press release which was an absolute disgrace and contained nothing but the things Fiat wished to say rather than ask the questions most folk have been concerned with during the last 2 years.

I'm led to believe several readers have withdrawn their subscriptions because of it.

I can say, with certain knowledge, that MMM staff have been asking Fiat and Peugeot for meaningful answers (rather than that whitewash printed in Practical Motorhome) since it was established that there was a widespread problem.

However it is true that Practical Motorhome have done more to help concerned owners and readers than certain other publications and organisations. Notably Which Motorcaravan, and the Camping and Caravanning Club, both of whom/which, despite appeals for help, have done very little in the case of the club, and in the case of Which Motorcaravan, even less.

Now please form an orderly queue to have a go at me, but do it without abuse.

I thought the report read like a pre-arranged Q&A session where the questions had been carefully vetted beforehand and the answers were from an official press release. I was not impressed, it failed to convince me, on the contrary I now feel even less inclined to buy a new Fiat based motohome.

Last week when we were picking up our 3 year old Autotrail 696SE from our local dealer (after service & habitation check) I expressed interest in a very nice Hobby Siesta (Ford cab) he had on display, he suggested a Fiat based alternative & I told him no thanks, I would never buy another Fiat.

He assured me that Fiat had a solution to the judder, my reply was it had taken Fiat 2 years to accept they had a problem, how long would he like me to wait until the 'solution' was proven?

Now when I walk along a line of motorhomes on display, I walk past X/250s without even looking.

Well done Fiat, you have lost this customer for good. Fiat Forever??? more like Fiat NEVER!

I read the report ... mmmmm ... not that impressed. The real 'customer relations' problems, ie Fiat not acknowledging the fault and trying to fob off the owners in various ways, certainly weren't covered. Not impressed. No way would I buy one even though we liked the previous ones we've owned.

Derek Uzzell - 2009-04-07 7:50 AM

Another winner from the forum's resident agent provocateur. Don't understand why you bother reacting as it's plain he only gets off on it. You'd be better off visiting

http://www.agentprovocateur.com/

Well it works, you reacted. However not the intention, the questions were the ones most would have asked and the magazine is not responsible for the Fiat answers, at least they got an interview with Fiat.

Another winner from the forum's resident agent provocateur. Don't understand why you bother reacting as it's plain he only gets off on it. You'd be better off visiting

My goodness Derek ... I'm shocked that you know of such a site! Explains some of the weird outfits I've seen you in though!!! :D ;-)

Guest Tracker

Begs the question that everyone else is just dying to ask Derek - how did you come to be on that particular website?

Just between ourselves - and a thousand more inquisitive eyes that is!

Archived