Autosleeper Surrey windout awning cut in numerous places

delboy0127

Hi

I have recently purchased a 2008 Autosleeper Marquis Surrey on a Mercedes 315cdi Automatic Chassis, from Marquis Northants who at present are trying their very best to sort the problem out. I have no gripes what so ever with the Dealership they have been brilliant in every aspect.

Can any one else offer any advice.

On taking delivery of the vehicle this week, when running through the hand over we came to the wind out awning that is fitted recessed as standard on this model. Having wound out the awning approx 1 meter it soon became very obvious that their was a problem with the awning fabric, it had cuts approx 1 to 1.5" long long in a row from front to back, approx 6 in qty then their would be a space of about a foot moving along the width of the awning, then the same again and once again a further ft along the same again. Delivery was not accepted and the Motorhome was returned to Marquis Northants. Any ideas what make and model of awning is fitted to this unit? may be able to search for a build diagram. What is involved in fitting a new complete unit or just fabric, if the problem can be resolved that has cut the fabric. Dealer has agreed to do the work without any reservation what so ever. But has advised will take up to 6 hours to do any comments would be appreciated. interested to hear from the factory on this problem. have they come across it before?. Would like to take delivery as soon as ever possible.

I tend to agree with Dave on this matter, I have used Marquis not that particular branch, but have found them good to their word. I would check on retaking delivery that all is OK and take it from there.

I am sure that they will do the job as quickly as possible as I am sure that they will want to make up for the disapointment caused, to yourselves, and regain their reputation.

Dave

I honestly believe that it happened as it was wound out in front of me, winding, was rather stiff at first, hand over was at my home address. A bit of a mystery. I have every confidence in Marquis Northants, but as an ex engineer I would like to see what has actually caused the problem.

Hi

Just an update

10/10 marks for John and his team at Marquis Northants, they have returned my vehicle 24 hours earlier than promised, with a brand new awning fitted, and a tank full of diesel for my trouble.

Well done Marquis Northants

Derek

Hi,

In reply to your concern, Auto-sleepers are aware of this issue.

We have had several awnings display this problem. Two have unfortunately found their way into the market place. One being yours, for which I apologise.

The problem occurs during transit of the awning from the awning manufacturer Omnistor, to Auto-Sleepers. The fitting brackets were being packed along the length of the awning packaging box. If the box then had an impact during transit, the brackets effectively became small guillotines and pierced the canopy fabric.

Auto-sleepers now unwind the awning once it is fitted to the vehicle to check the canopy is in good condition.

As you have probably deduced the awning is manufactured by Omnistore.

Hope this is of assistance.

Regards,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Sincere thanks for your reply, at least the mystery is solved, which should help prevent the same thing happening again.

Just had our first break away, brilliant vehicle lots of admirers

Small problems all sorted, just one outstanding issue, eractic water pump, unable to control pump or pressure,looks like Fiamma expansion tank may have to be fitted to solve this problem.

Regards

Derek

Archived