It's arrived

flicka

Picked up our new van yesterday, so looking forward to being able to get back out & about. Our previous van became too difficult for my wife and unable to accomodate her wheelchair. I will be taking the new van to Alfreton shortly, to have a hoist fitted which will lift her from her wheelchair into the Passenger seat.

The new Van - Autocruise Sportstar, looks stunning (well I have to say that, after emptying the bank and wallet) but it does to us.

3 days late but that was down to us, not the dealer or manufacturer

& we didn't want to tempt fate by having it registered on 1st APRIL !!!!!

Despite all the show models seen being on the Fiat base, ours is on the Peugeot, so it looks like Autocruise will be using either base now.

Keep waving.

Hi Tracker

No problem in reverse so far. but in truth where I tried could only be called an incline, not a hill.

Work now in the way until next weekend, hoping to make sure everything is OK in reverse then.

Realy impressed with the new control panel Autocruise are fitting simplicity itself and a disgram to show which way current is flowing to / from & voltage for both the Vehicle & Leisure Batteries.

Although my limited test drive in the Fiat (that is the chassis which we expected) showed an improvement on the previous model. The driving experience in theis Peugeot is light years ahead & we can even listen to the radio without the volume having to be so high it became distorted in the previous model.

Guest peter
Tracker - 2009-04-05 6:36 PM

PLEASE - we're all dying to know - how well does it reverse up a hill!

When's the last time you reversed up a hill?. I've been M/H'ing for 3 Yrs and been to Germany, Austria France and Slovenia not forgeting Scotland and never yet had to reverse up a hill.

I'll get me coat! :D

peter - 2009-04-06 8:56 PM

Tracker - 2009-04-05 6:36 PM

PLEASE - we're all dying to know - how well does it reverse up a hill!

When's the last time you reversed up a hill?. I've been M/H'ing for 3 Yrs and been to Germany, Austria France and Slovenia not forgeting Scotland and never yet had to reverse up a hill.

I'll get me coat! :D

With all the adverse reports regarding reversing I just had to try it, for my own curiosity & peace of mind, but as I said it was only an incline not a hill.

There again some owners may have to reverse into their uphill driveways and I think that maybe where the problem arises.

If it happens on a one off occasion it should (hopefully :-( :-( ) not be too detrimental, but if an owner has to reverse into a uphill drive everytime they use their M/H, the repetative strain on the clutch & drivetrain will eventually cause something to fail.

Guest peter
Don't worry about it Flicka enjoy your new van. Just register it with your dealer to have the mod's done anyway. That way you will be in the clear in the future.

Archived