Autosleeper Marquis LANCASHIRE

auntygranty

Hi MOTH Have just read all the Lancashire Bits... I have had a Lancashire just over two years, got one of the last old models. Have done a lot of Mods...including lowering drivers seat...fitting two leisure batts, solar panel etc etc if I can give you any help just ask! I did list all the jobs I've done on it on a rival site !!! Auntygranty

Hi Auntygranty.

I picked the van up ( one of last old cabs) on monday and have literally jusyt got back from 3 days at doldowlod near Rhayader. Van performed well except that the n/s storage door flew open on the M5! I had not locked it properly!

The seats do need lowering, thats a fact.

Thought about removing the top trim from the blind system on the windscreen.

The radio turns off every 20 minutes. Whats all that about!!!!

The pullout worktop comes out when travelling.

How far do you get on a tank of diesel??

I am very interested in your conversions.......let me know where I can find them.

Keep in touch.

Dan

I have a 2005 Nuevo ES.

There should be a switch above the fridge next to 240v and TV sockets which if you switch on should allow the radio to stay on. BUT when that switch is on the radio is left in a standby mode using 12v electricity, even when you think you have switched it off at the radio. If you leave it like that for long (days probably) you will drain the engine battery. You must remember to swich off the switch above the fridge. We do it before going to sleep and double check when we get home. We also put a spot of red nail polish on the top of the moving bit to indicate more clearly when the switch is in the on position.

The worktop can be a problem. There are 2 cheap plastic catches at the back which I don't think you can get to and adjust. Some people put a rubber wedge in to hold it in place.

We have the 2.2l engine and get 24-28mpg, depending on how fast we drive.

Hope this helps a bit.

David

• 3 months later...

Hi David, i think our Nuevo is similar, 2007 with the pre-X250 chassis, 2.2L 120bhp engine. Best van we've ever had. Like Auntygranty, i've done loads of mods, and the one for the flying worktop is dead simnple, ultra reliable. Take one of those plastic turnbuckles (like the one that holds the table in place in its wardrobe hideaway), saw about 6mm off the end and screw it to the front of the shelf above the fridge. When turned, the catch engages with the finger groove in the worktop. Just remember to add it to your pre-flght check list! There should be a photo attached.

Good luck! (^)

Thanks crumblies.....I'll have a go at that. I've literally just got back from a 2 week jaunt to the Outer Hebrides and have noticed that the wedge which I have been using to stop the worktop from coming out is starting to mark the wood/plastic surround as I really bashed it in for the potholed roads on Skye.

Cheers, I'll try the mod. next week.

Dan

You're most welcome!

Here's a new question for anyone reading this thread. You can see from the picture which type of fridge we have. It works OK, sort of, but the thermostat control knob feels as if it's not connected to anything. Before I go to the trouble of lugging it out of its housing, is this normal, or has it really become disconnected?

And another thing.... my shower tray has three outlets. Two are, as expected, connected to the waste water tank. The third just dumps straight onto the ground. Is this a feature or a fault?

Hope you've all taken advantage of the nice® weather this weekend..

In hope, :-S

the crumblies - 2009-08-02 10:48 PM

Here's a new question for anyone reading this thread. You can see from the picture which type of fridge we have. It works OK, sort of, but the thermostat control knob feels as if it's not connected to anything. Before I go to the trouble of lugging it out of its housing, is this normal, or has it really become disconnected?

And another thing.... my shower tray has three outlets. Two are, as expected, connected to the waste water tank. The third just dumps straight onto the ground. Is this a feature or a fault?

1. The thermostat control-knob on my Dometic appliance is definitely connected to something and (a small amount of) resistance is evident when I turn it.

You should be able to detect whether or not your control-knob is operating the thermostat. Operate the fridge on gas and make sure that the gas-burner is alight. Then turn the control-knob anti-clockwise to its minimum (ie. least cool) setting. As long as the fridge has cooled down enough to begin with, the gas-burner should go off, and, when you turn the thermostat control-knob clockwise to a 'cooler' setting, the gas-burner should re-light. It's easy to get the control-panel off these fridges - you just pull the two control-knobs forwards to detach them from their spindles and then undo the screw in the recess behind each knob.

2. Shower-tray outlets. Come now - it's plainly a fault.

Latest news from AUNTYGRANTY.. Have part exchanged my Lancashire for a ...wait for it an Autocruise !!! Better bedmaking..More space for aunty who is old, big and well just needed more room.. Vehicle 03 model made before the Swift take over.. Build Quality ?? would appear better. It is still a Marquis model however.. Auntygranty (lol)

Hi Crumblies..gone a bit longer its a Starblazer....fixed bed over a garage...the missus can lay in in the morning.. I can get up and use the rest of the van without disturbing her. Bed setting up in the Lancashire ES was a bit of a trial as well. there was a fair bit of lumping things around at bedtime, the bits that fitted in the middle I thought was a work up..so far no regrets Auntygranty (lol)

Woooo! Get you!! Now you'll have to start modifying all over again! ;-)

I know what you mean about the beds, I changed ours around a bit.

Autocruise build quality is OK, we had a Vista then a Valentine (we like the rear door layout best)

SWMBO just noticed the weather forecast, so we're off to Devon for a couple of days, so must dash, need to fill the fridge and tanks...

Best wishes :-D

Archived