apache 600se 2004

stan

hello, i,m new to this so please be patient,

when using ultra heat blown air,it,s ok,but if i have wateron board the water heats up too. there does not seem to be a seperate switch for heat only.

I hope this makes sense.

Hi Stan,

Thought you would have a reply by now. I have asked around and still have not found out where the switch is for the electric water heater on your van. Maybe someone with a van like yours will read this soon and reply.

Sooty 10 (keith)

stan

Welcome to the forum.

I believe your Apache has a gas/230V Truma convector/blown-air 'fire' and a gas/230V Truma Ultrastore water-boiler and I'm assuming that the water in your boiler is heating up 'automatically' when your motorhome is hooked-up to a 230V mains power supply.

All Truma Ultrastore boilers have a "Gas-operation" control panel with an ON/OFF switch, temperature selection rotary knob and 'failure' indicator light. I shall assume you know where this control panel is as Auto-Trail will have positioned it in an obvious place.

The 230V 'mains' function of a gas/230V Ultrastore boiler can be operated by a separate Truma control panel (basically just an ON/OFF switch) that resembles the Gas-operation panel and is usually located close to it.

This is the tidy way, but some motorhome manufacturers (usually UK ones it seems) take a more cheap and cheerful approach that involves use of a 'domestic' fused ON/OFF switch of the type you'd find in your home, and dispense with the Truma 230V switch. It sounds like Auto-Trail has done this, but where the switch is is anybody's guess.

Look for something the same shape, size and colour as the 230V socket-outlets used in your motorhome and (possibly) with a neon indicator-light glowing on it when the motorhome is on hook-up. It's bound (!!!) to be somewhere reasonably accessible and possibly fairly close to the boiler.

Popular switch hiding-places are in the wardrobe (top or bottom) or in a seat base. If you've got the usual junk motorcaravanners accumulate in wardrobes or in seat bases, then I suggest you unpack all such 'stuff' and you may well find the ON/OFF switch has been lurking behind it.

If all else fails, you may find it necessary to trace the 230V mains cable back from the boiler and, somewhere between the boiler and where the cable connects to your Apache's mains 'distribution box' will be the elusive switch.

hello Derek,

thankyou for your reply and information. there is a seperate ultraheat control switch next to the ultrastore switch, i have also found the mains isolation switch, i am not just fully clear about this. Is the water supposed to heat automatically from the p.s.u. If i turn the isolation switch off the hot air does not function. Ican.t have ultraheat on without heating the water, yet without water on board ultraheat works fine it doesn,t make sense to me, i would expect something to burn out. Or is it me whos burnt out.

Regards.

Stan

Archived