Perished Water Pipe

kelly58

Whilst filling the fresh water tank there was water running out of the underneath of the van when I checked for leaks I found the plastic flexi 35mm tubing had perished there are lots of small holes/ splits in the plastic between the wire coils like stress marks the motorhome is not yet 2 and a half years old. I have been all over the place to try and get a new piece of piping but non to be found , I can give Explorer a call next week but if past experience is anything to go by it will take about 2 months and they wil not deal with customers direct I will have to go through my supplying dealer " Brownhills " here in lie's another problem so don't even go there , has anyone any suggestions where I may be able to obtain some suitable piping ?

Hi Kelly

Try O'leary's motorhomes:

O'leary

They've got loads of stuff in their on-line shop but if you can't find it there give them a ring as there's a load more stuff that isn't listed and I'm sure they'll be able to supply you with what you need - they do mail order too.

I visited them last year to do an article for the "Mart" and it is an absolute Aladin's cave ... you could get lost in there for hours!

Guest Tracker

Yacht chandlers or marinas are worth a try?

Businesses that work with and supply water pumps?

Government surplus yards?

Try 'Pipes and fittings' in Yellow pages'?

kelly58

CAK stocks a wide range of water hoses with various internal diameters. See

http://www.caktanks.com

Are you sure the piping is 35mm? I would have thought it's more likely to be 38mm as that's equivalent to 1.5". Whatever it is, it's probable that Explorer Group has chosen a standardised internal diameter and that this will be used throughout their motorhome and caravan ranges. Consequently, I'd expect a large caravan dealership with an Explorer Group agency and repair facilities to keep drain-hose in stock.

Archived