Isle of Skye

armstrongpiper

Guest Tracker

I took an A/S Nuevo down Glen Brittle right to the end in 2005 without any problems and as long as you are happy with single track roads and are prepared to meet and back up for (hope you don't have an X250 based van!) the local bus and/or fish lorry it is a pleasant route.

I spent two nights at the quayside and the local fisherman said it was OK - but that was then and there was not a lot of space.

There are, from memory, a couple of suitable O/N laybys or similar on the route but don't depend on them being available.

Sorry don't use camp sites so don't know.

Was on Skye end of March. Spoke to tourist information office at Portree who said we could park in the lorry park but better to speak to local police. No problems quite area and near town centre. Also stayed in a couple of off road areas and at the Sligachan Hotel. The main road around the island is suitable for motorhomes, artics and buses use the routes, however single track to small coastal areas. There is also a C&CC site, was not open on my visit.

Hi Neil

We stayed at Glen Brittle for 4 nights last may, there's a site right by the beach with hook-ups if you want, the road down is single track but has plenty of passing places and is very open so you can see what's coming miles away, keep on going at the bottom,round a few bends and it will bring you to the site, eventually, from memory I think it was about 7 miles down the road.

Went for one night and stayed for 4, lovely, but the sunny weather helped.

John

Thanks for the gen. So, given some decent weather in June, we'll be off to Glen Brittle, and possibly to see the views from Elgol. We have also got various Midge repellents, including the Avon 'Skin so Soft' which is recommended to me by an ex-army friend as being the best in his experience.

Cheers, Neil B

Archived