Cab insulation screens

William J

Does anyone know if Silver Screens, Cleckheaton are still in business? I have been trying to ring them for the past week with no success and I need to get a windscreen shield for my Hymer 654.

Or, is there anyone else out there who could provide me with something similar?

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Bill

As an aside on this - has anyone thought of making up some insulating screens for their acrylic double-glazed 'caravan bit' windows?

I have done this - using some standard silver foil type front sun-shades. I've cut them slight oversize to fit the dinette, kitchen and 2 bed end windows and then taped the edges with gaffer tape to protect them. When in place with them being slightly oversize they 'hug' the edge of the window and it keeps them in place when putting the blind up/down, they also store quite easily when not in use as they are not very bulky at all.

In our van, with a transverse rear bed, I sleep at the side nearest the rear window so used to feel the chill. Now I don't - it really does make quite a difference! You can make similar covers for the roof lights too.

The other advantage is that they can also be used in hot weather to keep the sun and heat out - especially with windows open (ie swing up type) you can soon peg the foil covers to them, gaining shade but still allowing the cool air in. I've done this for years with the Heki rooflight.

Oooooo ... should send it in to the mag to get a £10!!!!!!! :-> (lol)

Mel B - 2009-04-15 6:26 PM

As an aside on this - has anyone thought of making up some insulating screens for their acrylic double-glazed 'caravan bit' windows?

Had a Wildax last week which had insulated screens on rear windows, trouble is didn't stop the howling gale blowing throu the joint in rear doors!

Silverscreens v Taylormade, Silverscreens are thinner, lighter & have welded seams, Taylormade are thicker (better insulation?) & a bit heavier, seams are stitched about 30% cheaper.

Taylormade also offer a longer cover that covers the air vents on the X250, I have these, slight annoyance is they tend to puddle at the base of the screen when raining.

Just had a look at the Silverproducts website they look like blinding value over 20% cheaper than Taylormade.

William J,

is your Hymer an A-class and if so what age is it, what model is it and how many wipers has it ? These are some of the questions Silverscreens will ask you. I have a set of both types so if you want a set then contact me, they are both high quality Silverscreens and I wouldn't buy from any other company.

thanks yous all for your help & comments. if silverscreen are on holiday why dont they leave a message on their phone to say so ( bit unprofessional I think) however as I had wasted a lot of time trying them I eventually tried taylor made who had what I wanted in stock ( hymer 564, 1995 model, 2 wipers) ordered this morning and they promise delivery tomorrow -- hope so because we are off to swanage sat morn.

thanks to every one

bill.

Archived