Discoloured window

Mel B

Hi all

Just wanted to suggest you check your windows! Some of you will recall that our motorhome got pelted with bricks in Holland last year, culminating in us having to have the bodywork repaired and 2 windows replaced. One of these windows, the sliding dinette one, was replaced with a new unit, however, we recently found out that one of the panes had a different tint to it (a chap at the place we had it's habitation service done spotted it).

Fortunately the repairers have been able to get agreement from Rimor to replace the unit under warranty so we are just waiting for the replacement to come, but I just wondered if anyone else had the same problem with their sliding window.

Below around the edge of the right pane you can clearly see that it is amber in colour where the left is grey - no it's not just mucky!!!! :D

1607998563_window-differenttints.jpg.b786c5670041ad908b68871e6d92f760.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd let you know that our window has now been sorted.

The camper went in on Wednesday and had the window etc replaced, hubby collected it and once at home I had a good shuftie and found that the ruddy blind had been put in upside down so the night blind came down from the top and the fly screen up from the bottom ...! Also, some of the sealant was a little too rough and some was a bit shallow along one edge and likely to let water behind (knew I should've checked it myself and not left it to other half! 8-) ). So, back the camper went yesterday afternoon, collected it today and this time the sealant has been done properly and the blind works perfectly ... the right way! :D Oh, and both bits of 'glass' match each other and the rest of the van! :-> Can finally try to forget about Holland!!! *-)

Archived