*Designated seats*

mendipman

Hi Mendipman, the thing is were those seats and belts fitted by the converter or fitted since build. My last van was an old Autotrail with two belted seats on the sideways facing bed when slid in for travelling. Not advisable as belts are designed for forward facing seats not sideways. It also had two swivel arm chairs with no belts at all. That van also had blown hot air to the gas locker, " As Derek U. said that was potential jet propulsion just waiting to happen" plus some one had fitted an extra 12V charger to charge the starter battery on site, but after all that the leisure battery did not charge from alternator when 'en route'. Unless a 'van is new you don't really know what you are getting until it has an inspection. A lot of owners add bits here and there to make it 'their own'. Most good but some not so good.

Hi again Mendipman, My A/S Legend is four berth but only has two belted seats, the two in the cab, but according to the V5C there are no seats at all. As I live ten minutes away from DVLA Swansea they assume that I don't speak English so I get two copies one in English and the other in Welsh. NO SEATS ON EITHER. So don't trust every thing DVLA tell you. Cheers sit tight.......David...........

mendipman - 2009-04-17 9:10 PM Yes Ranger they were fitted from new by Autosleeper,and are forward facing .I just wondered why the log book says two but I assume that is from the base VW T5 van,hence *designated*!!When in use all four are belted.. :-D :-D

Assuming the number of designated seats is relevant for registering a motorhome, and I'm not convinced it is (minibus requirement?), the information will have been supplied by the dealer who sold/registered it.

I would suggest you find out from them why this section has been completed, check with Autosleepers direct, and then consult DVLA over getting the V5C corrected.

Ideally the selling dealer should do this, but since it should be a free service, it may be a lot quicker and simpler to send back the document yourself, with the correct information added, for a corrected replacement V5C to be issued.

Archived