Bars on overhead lockers

DAMAR

WE have recently changed our Ford Autosleeper Ravenna 1999 for a Peugot Boxer version 2003. We are very pleased with it. The overhead lockers have now been changed so that some have shelves which is useful and 2 other have a wood bar across halfway, which on the face of it I thought good it would stop things falling out, but I now find that it is not very easy to get items in or out of the lockers with the bar across.

There is a bracket across the back so I took it off only to find that the bar would still not come off. There is no sign of any other fastening. I do not want to "saw" it out, has anyone else come across this problem and what is the solution

we have fitted bars to our overhead lockers. Used the oval shaped metal hanging bars (used in wardrobes) Fitted to the side of lockers with Clips . the bars now slide in/out ,we got all the bits from Homebase

Saves things falling out Look nice and neat also.

Guest Tracker

I agree these bars tend to do nothing except make it harder to access the lockers and we have removed them from several A/S vans by simply unscrewing the 'L' shaped metal brackets and lifting them out.

Perhaps yours are glued as well - or maybe just a very tight fit?

I have at times replaced the wooden bars with a double row of flexible curtain wire (on hooks) which does hold loose things in the locker but flexes enough to ease the getting 'em in and out process.

Just had a go and pulled out one of the bars to find that it was was screwed in each side from the cupboards each side but behind the wooden sides - so you cann't get at the screws. This is as well as the L plate behind. Will now have to saw off the end of each screw and perhaps put up some curtain wire or similar for when travelling.

Thanks for replying.

Guest Tracker
A case of superior build quality having it's downside I suppose - still much better than some vans that rattle shake and fall apart on rough roads - not that there are many rough roads in Brown's Britain - just rough politicians - but that's another story!

I couldn't saw off the end of the screws, tried new blades etc, like you say good quality build! so have had to put rawl plug over the ends and have now put curtain elestic up which serves the same purpose but of course can be removed easily. Success!

Archived