Ford Value Service - anyone had one?

MotoHomer

I've just booked our Transit based m'home for its annual service - decided to stick with our Ford main dealer, who has looked after it for the last 5 years, and they suggested a Ford Value Service - apparently they only offer these on vehicles over 3 years old. Cost (inc MOT) quoted at £139.99 compared to £157.50 (ex MOT - probably another £55 or so) for the scheduled Minor Service so there's a fair saving. However .....

Whilst not wishing to look at Gift Horse orals I'm always a bit wary of the "Value" thing. I don't want any corners cut, and said so to the Ford receptionist (not a call centre. I asked for details of any differences between the two schedules to be e mailed but she checked with the workshop and said the only difference is "the way the paperwork is laid out". Assuming this is correct, no problem.

But, being innately suspicious I still have my doubts ..... apart from anything else I can't see the economics of them charging less for the same work and I'm wondering how they'll record the job in my Service History.

I'm uneasy. Anyone out there had any experience of Ford Value servicing? Thanks in advance.

Haven't seen this advertised at my local branch of "Old Henry's," and they're usually on the ball. But maybe they only mention it to eligible customers?

The cynic in me wonders whether this is simply a way of holding onto your servicing business after the warranty expires - the 3-year rule seems a bit of a co-incidence!

Otherwise, why can't the rest of us enjoy this "value?"

had a ford value service and MOT on my car recently...no problems..they recorded it in my service book as a normal service...I think it is just a way to keep business...but watch out for little problems that may need fixing....in their words...however I think it is them trying for more business from you.

As long as they let you know what they have done - and you are happy with how much it cost, I wouldn't worry too much about what they call it.

(After all, how many "exciting offers" in magazines are actually exciting ???)

;-)

Archived