fridge gas jet

wints

I'm trying to replace the gas jet on my fridge, an Electrolux RM 4401. Nobody seems to stock them, those that do can't make their minds up wether it's a gas jet 43, or 45. Riversway Leisure didn't want to know and put the phone down after 2 mins !

Anybody know which is correct, and where from ?

thanks

Allen

Silicongyro - 2009-04-22 3:46 PM

Just to add confusion, partmaster.co.uk lists "jet No 43 for 30mBar" for the RM4401 unit. This is £12.99 from them.

Does the old jet not have number stamped in it?

I've also noted the different sizes, is there much difference between them ?

I'm reluctant to remove existing without having replacement to hand.

wints

Dometic's website lists 0844 626 0130 as the phone number for UK technical support, so, if you can provide your fridge's Serial Number, I would have thought you should be able to obtain the correct jet part number from there.

I can't remember off-hand which Electrolux fridge model was fitted to my 1996-built Herald, but I'm pretty sure there were at least two variants of it - one for a 28/37mbar gas system (which was the one I had) and another for 30mbar. I do remember e-mailing Electrolux and asking what the difference was as I was considering using a 30mbar regulator, but I never received a reply. It could be, as BrianR suggests, that it was simply a matter of jet design.

Archived