Oyster Vision - not finding stations

Caroline

Hi Caroline, I assume your oyster is a few years old, if so it will require an update to cope with a new SAT. that is very close to Astra 2, I have just had mine done. There are 2 options the £80 option which will be ok so long as there is no more alterations to the new SAT, or the £600 version I am told will cure the problem totally, I have had this. If you would like to speak to me send me a personal E mail and we could speak on the phone.

Regards Barrie.

Hymer 1942 is right. Our Oyster Vision 1 had the same problem and has had two software updates. Everytime that the Arabsat makes technical changes, it causes problems because it is very close to Astra 1. This satellite wasn't even launched when the Oyster Vision 1 was manufactured.

As far as I'm aware, it is only Vision 1 that has this issue.

The cost of software updates varies between different companies that have the means of carrying it out. That is why I always go to Robert Jackson Satellites. He has sorted ours out FREE on two occasions, once at the Lincoln show, and more recently when I sent the control box via Royal Mail. I only had to pay postage.

If you are interested, give him a ring on 07801 843332. He is an expert on Oysters and doesn't take advantage of customers, as with the other suppliers/installers, in my experience.

Freewheeler

Hi there

I am the sales manager for Oyster sat Tech, The UK branch of the German manufacturers of the Oyster systems. We would be more than happy to help with any query that you may have regarding the Oyster, and dependant on the age of the system may come under the warranty ( 3years). Please do not hesitate in contacting either myself or our Technician ( Anthony). We will be more than happy to offer any help or advice on your query and any further issues you may have in the future. Our telephone number is 01858 575928

I hope the problem is resolved for you one way or the other, and please keep our details for any reasons in the future

Kind Regards

Matt Yates

Sales Manager

Oyster Sat Tech Ltd

Archived