hymer b series 2006 headlamps.

barrie w

good evening one & all.

a little of your knowledge please if anyone can help.

our hymer is fitted with the small round individual headlamps.

does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the dip lamps for right hand or left hand dipping ? or are they just a straight cut off ?

any ideas or where to look futher would be appreciated.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a 2003 B584 which is LHD. The dip-beam lamps are adjustable but you will need to persevere!!

They have (if I remember correctly) two or three screws on the rear (mounting) side of the lamps. You slacken the screws off (very time consuming and patience-trying) then twist the lamp holder about half an inch. Check that the light now shines to the other side then tighten up the screws again. Sound easy? Easy it is not.........good luck. I do it three times a year.

I think there's a blow-by-blow (or should that be "knuckle-by-knuckle"?) description on another forum of how to alter the dipped-beam pattern on Hymer A-Class 4-headlamp models - probably on the MotorHomeFacts forum.

This is an earlier thread that expands betsy's advice a bit and SEARCHING this forum further may pick up the cross-reference I mentioned above. Access is clearly the main problem and, if the task is to be regular (and it's technically possible), it might be a good idea to replace the original screws with a socket-head type.

Archived