Suggestions for a fixed bed 4 seat belt non-sevel coachbuilt.

Ned Swift

Hi

The new vehicle listings at the back of MMM don't seem to identify a fixed ground level double bed (as opposed to classifying the overcab double which it does).

Can anyone suggest a non-sevel 4 seat belt ground floor level fixed bed van that will sleep four, the other two can sleep over the cab?

I have been trawling past editions but am struggling.

Marquis Mercedes County range don't seem to have one to fit the bill, is there a Ford unit or any other non-sevel one that can reverse easily?

I put myself in your capable hands...thanks for all ideas

Best wishes

Ned (lol)

Maybe these are hard to find?

Just to clarify, it should have the following:

1. A fixed double bed

2. An overcab double

3. Be on anything that isn't sevel based as a chassis

4. Have four seatbelts (inc driver)

Surely this must exist somewhere????

Searching Ned

8-) ooo my eyes have popped out - looking too hard !!

Rapido body from MAYENNE France. Engine and chassis from MERCEDES.

A good combination consisting of two double beds, one fixed and one pulldown, both of a large size. Two forward facing belted seats behind the passenger side. A good vehicle with the sprintshift arrangement fitted with cruise control for those with ageing joints

Hi Ned

How about a Rimor Superbrig or a Kentucky Camp? Various types, quite a few have overcab bed and rear fixed beds, mainly built on the Ford Transit. Ours is the low profile version (dinette and fixed transverse bed).

Try the following as they do the Kentucky range (same stable as Rimor): www.rdh.co.uk

Cleveland Motorhomes had some nice vans on show at Peterborough - they are not a million miles away: www.clevelandmotorhomes.co.uk

Thanks Chris, it's the cheapest (?) option so far at £37k with the Rimor 6 berth superbrig running at £40k on a transit and £50k on a merc chassis.

Top of the pile is the Rapido A Class on a merc chassis at 70k but due to the exchange rate highbridge caravans havn't any left and aren't ordering any more until next year.

Great that there is a bit of choice though. Thanks for all the suggestions

Ned :-)

Guest JudgeMental

It does exist and I have one.....two massive permanent double beds, one over garage and one in (largest in its class) alcove. Lightweight aircraft style construction, no wood, aluminium frame and strong GRP shell. A decent payload, with full winterisation (certified EN 1646) with a double floor and only 6.6m long. We are in London you are welcome to have a look.........

here is a link:

http://www.euramobil.de/_produkte_gb_2009/profila_alkoven_start.html

Guest JudgeMental
Ned Swift - 2009-04-29 5:50 PM

Thanks Judge, I have ordered a brochure.

Which dealer did you get yours from?

Ned :-)

Lambrecht motoirhomes in Belgium. I.20 mins from Calais. We saved over 12k in the process. Used available from Lambrecht and via www.mobile.de but it means a longer trip to Germany..........

Hi

How about the Ci and Roller Team models based on the Ford Transit - Ci Cusona 600G and Roller Team Auto-Roller 600G. These are both six berth motorhomes with six belts with a fixed bed running across the back of the 'van. They're currently around £38k.

Rachel

Thanks Rachel, but I think I have fallen in love with the Rapido and have just organised a post office robbery to pay for it. Or I might well be able to claim House of Commons expenses - one or the other!

And with a Merc chassis they won't catch me - even in reverse !!!! :D :D

Naughty Ned - oooo there's a lovely one :D :D 8-)

Mel B - 2009-04-27 9:21 PM Hi Ned How about a Rimor Superbrig or a Kentucky Camp? Various types, quite a few have overcab bed and rear fixed beds, mainly built on the Ford Transit. Ours is the low profile version (dinette and fixed transverse bed). Try the following as they do the Kentucky range (same stable as Rimor): www.rdh.co.uk Cleveland Motorhomes had some nice vans on show at Peterborough - they are not a million miles away: www.clevelandmotorhomes.co.uk

But with either of these check the payload, and how it is calculated, VERY carefully!

Archived