long term health insurance

Guest Sue Brincat

Guest Sue Brincat
We are planning a trip to Europe for approx 9 months. Does anyone know of a company who will offer us travel insurance please?

Guest Keith T
Hi Sue. We did something similar 10 years ago, and had some difficulty even then. Ultimately I think we found EuropAssist came up with one suitable. But why not try a search on the internet? I did this last year when we needed Annual Multi-trip insurance, and came up with various options. Currently we use Insure & Go, but the limit is 90 days per trip, but you can have 4 trips per year! Make sure you have the new E111 Cards, as they should cover the medical side of things. Also perhaps try the company/broker with whom you have your motorhome insured.

Try Camping 7 Caravanning Club Caravan Club Camping Cheque UK also do something Also Comfort Insurance or Safeguard We have multi Trip Gives us 180 days Max trip 90 days - this suits us as we have to return home for medical checks on a regular basis so it is the cheaper choice

Hello Sue, I have just taken out cover for 9 months with Enderseigh ins no problems,Flexicover Direct,and Citybond Suretravel both do cover for 9 months

Also try Nationwide B Soc. They were very competitive a couple of years ago and even agreed to cover pre-existing conditions. Be aware that health insurance gets very difficult once you reach 70 - Age Concern can often help.

Guest Brian Ramsden
Another one to try is www.mrlinsurance.co.uk/, I used them until this year, when my bank gave us an offer we can't refuse. If you are with Lloyds, with a gold current Accoutn you get free multi trip travel insurance. The basic is for 35 days but it is very cheap to upgrade this to howevermany days you want. Brian

Archived