Warm Winter Destinations

Guest JudgeMental

Spain and Portugal are popular and oversubscribed in the winter months, while the weather is not guaranteed it is normally better then here. North Africa, Morocco? is more reliable weather wise, but also oversubscribed. That’s it for winter in a van as it seems the further south east you drive say Italy , Turkey and Greece they can have cold winters as well

Just back from Goa and it was approx 40 deg C there and wonderful........when I retire I will fly somewhere really hot for a month or two

judge mental

How was the humidity in Goa.

We do exactly the same for the winter, we went February this year, found it hotter than in March year before.

Might have a change next year, i spend to much on jewellery.

Think i might have advised you on this at another site ?????????????

JudgeMental - 2009-04-30 11:57 AM

Spain and Portugal are popular and oversubscribed in the winter months, while the weather is not guaranteed it is normally better then here. North Africa, Morocco? is more reliable weather wise, but also oversubscribed. That’s it for winter in a van as it seems the further south east you drive say Italy , Turkey and Greece they can have cold winters as well

Just back from Goa and it was approx 40 deg C there and wonderful........when I retire I will fly somewhere really hot for a month or two

Charles, the Judge is about right, but both Spain and Portugal are not what I would call oversubsribed. Sure some areas can and are very busy at times but other areas are fine. Free camping clearly offers you the most choice and these are often less crowded than sites. Don't know about Morocco never been there.

Guest JudgeMental
carebear - 2009-04-30 9:23 PM

judge mental

How was the humidity in Goa.

We do exactly the same for the winter, we went February this year, found it hotter than in March year before.

Might have a change next year, i spend to much on jewellery.

Think i might have advised you on this at another site ?????????????

locals were reporting it as being hotter then usual for April.......the high humidity was difficult but within 3 days we had adjusted and it was fine , you just take it easy and drink lots of water unless you are Russian of course, and you drink lots of spirits and beer all day long! lol.

April has strong winds from the sea, so the beach was fine. I am a red head and have learnt to protect myself, always factor 50 cream and a floppy hat. Have looked at maybe going Christmas as weather wise probably nicer, but it is expensive over the New Year. Would visit again Easter time but thinking of a cruise for next Easter.

Archived