Fendt motorhomes

simran

Have seen a K500 Fendt mobil which "ticked a lot of boxes" but unable to find reviews etc for info. Anyone out there who has one or knows anything would be most grateful - hesitant because dealer is 200miles away. (lol)

As Brian says, Fendt motorhomes are essentially badge-engineered Hobby motorhomes, with every current Fendt model having a direct equivalent in the Hobby range (though NOT vice versa).

I'm not sure what the agency position is regarding the Fendt brand in the UK. Midgely Motor Cars and Harrison Caravans both seem to be selling Fendt motorhomes, but I'd be asking myself whether Fendt will continue to be marketed in the UK long-term and, if there were no UK Fendt agency, what would then happen regarding warranties and back-up.

Andrew Bromley's report on a LHD Fendt K-Mobil 500 was in MMM August 2008 (pages 138-143). Some criticisms, so probably worth obtaining a reprint for anyone seriously considering buying this model.

Thanks for all that - tracked down the Aug. issue and it confirmed our doubts - the dinette seating too upright a failing with our Rapido and one issue for a change. Shame cos there is a cancelled order offer at Wellhouse Leisure which includes fitted bike rack for £34,500 - fantastic offer if you don't want to sit in dinette or in bed! Oh well - back to the drawing board. :-S

simran

I would have thought that vertical living-area seat backs would be pretty much inevitable with Van-type motorhome designs, irrespective of who makes them.

The Fendt's living-area seating is made up from 'loose' cushions, so it should be easy enough with some simple DIY to add rake to the seat backs and re-jig the position of the seat base-cushions to match. Upright seat backs wouldn't stop me buying a Fendt K-500 - I'd be much more concerned about the overly-high swivelling cab-seats.

A brief follow-up on this...

The Wellhouse Leisure offer mentioned by simran apparently relates to FORTY (40) new Fendt motorhomes - K-400 and K-500 models - that are RHD, full specification and with a 3 year warranty (presumably on the Ford chassis). For more details see

http://motors.uk.freeads.net/caravans_+_camper_vans/915107/new-fendt-coachbuilt-garage-model-on-hispec-transit-rhd-cancelled/view

Archived