looking for yorkshire site by coast

duetto owner

Weve stayed at Sandfield farm a couple of time when we had a caravan, its a nice walk along the prom into Whitby you just cross the road and go down past the golf club onto the front, it looks a bit congested from the oad but once on it isnt.

Hi,

Fraisthorpe near Bridlington has one over looking and right next to huge beach that goes for miles, the C&CC hold alot of rallies on their rally field there.

We stayed last year and had a lovely walk into Bridlington, if you go up the first slip way after walking along the beach there is a bus that takes you into the town centre then you can walk all the way back or catch the bus back to the same place and have less of a walk back to campsite.

Next to that is Wilsthorpe, nearer to Bridlington and again very close to beach but without the view, one of the DA's has a holiday site there for around a month I think with fee's at somewhere around £6 if my memory serves me right.

Mandy

The Wilsthorpe one is from May 18th to 31st.

Have a look at the little site in Bishopsthorpe just outside York we have just done a Rally there over Easter and a great place to stay if you have bikes, right next to cycle path into York and other way into Selby, virtually flat the whole way.

What a nightmare, can't find any reference to except sending me to Auburn Farm which is not in the right place as it is in the village.

this is a view of the place and a description but no idea of the correct name.

Auburn Farm

Fraisthorpe

Bridlington

N Yorks

grass meadow (toilets available), by small sandy beach about 2 miles walk along beach north to Bridlington

http://tinyurl.com/d88arl

You can see the vans on the site next to the sea and the farm. The rally field is a little more along the farm track on the cliff top, huge field but uneven.

Hope someone else is better at this than me.

Mandy

Hi, Oh it is a site, you can see the vans parked in there and I have been there and seen it. I have also stayed on rallys there and seen them parked in the field. You need to go right to the right next to the sea and it is the farm there not the one the map is on, sorry but had more trouble with it.

I will find out more today for you.

Mandy

Mandy is right its, Auburn Farm, at Fraisthorpe, Bridlington

I was a cl site; I think they now have a commercial license

It was even better before the wind surfers found it………..it was safe to swim in the sea

Paul

Guest Tracker
Mel B - 2009-05-04 7:17 PM

When I were a lass .... Fraisthorpe beach used to be a nudist beach ... not sure if it still is ... you have been warned! :D

Well - everyone's wondering so I'll ask - how do you know that - did you get an even all over tan Mel - does the sun ever shine enough to get a tan that far North - you can tell me - just between ourselves - no body else listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracker - 2009-05-04 7:44 PM

Mel B - 2009-05-04 7:17 PM

When I were a lass .... Fraisthorpe beach used to be a nudist beach ... not sure if it still is ... you have been warned! :D

Well - everyone's wondering so I'll ask - how do you know that - did you get an even all over tan Mel - does the sun ever shine enough to get a tan that far North - you can tell me - just between ourselves - no body else listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evening Richard! I was wondering who would be the first one to ask me that ... I should've known it'd be you! :D ;-)

I know because ...........

Steady on now ... you'll hurt yourself rushing down the screen to read my reply ...

Okay ... ready for it?

Right ... its because ... as a child being all 'innocent' and the like ...

.... we were never allowed to go there in case we might see something we shouldn't!

Shame really, been there since (no nudists at the time) and it's a really lovely beach. :-D

Now you can all go and put your mucky little minds in the washing machine! (lol)

PS: I could, if I was so inclined, do some nude sunbathing in my garden though ... even though we've got neighbours on all sides it is very well screened .... slow down boys ... it's no good going over to Google Earth for a shuftie and you can put that telescope away too!!!!! :$

Archived