Smelly Freezer!

mondo

'Er indoors put some meat in the freezer in the van ..and guess what forgot about it anyway when we got it out there was a lot of blood in the freezer ..now it seems to have a strange smell to it.... bit like a fishy smell we cleaned it out but still has this smell in there .....Help is needed cos it's a brand spanking van.....Divorce may be pending if we don't get it sorted.....(course it's my fault innit cos I'm a man!!)

HELP

Hi Ray,

I assume you have used plenty of hot soapy water. Now try wiping it our with Bicarbonate of Soda diluted in a little water, this usualy gets rid of smells in fridges etc. Also leave the fridge and freezer door open with plenty of air flow.

If this dont work get your bags packed.

David

Put a small open container (saucer) filled with Bicarb and leave it for some time then the powder will absorb the smell. We do this all the time in the fridge at home. I once bought a little plastic rabbit with holes in it and this was filled with bicarb specially to get rid of smells in the fridge.

We are having the same problem,new van,split fridge/freezer.For some reason the fridge/freezer defrosted on the way to Portugal.Back home now and we have the horrible smell as described above.

I called Thetford and was advised to put charcoal in the freezer compartment.I will print the above tips and leave them for the mrs to read ( I'm not talking to her at the minute) maybye get me some browny points :-D seamus.

Archived