Rheims

Mike Parke

I have done a search but it did not come up with any info. so I will have to ask you all for assistance please. We are coming up from Koblenz in June and wish to stay overnight in Rheims. I can vaguely recall reading somewhere that here is an aire near the river. Is this the case and if so does anyone know where abouts it is? It is only for one night so I am not that concerned about facilities etc.

Thank you,

Hi;

We've used this free aire a couple of times, its ok, but very noisy as its right next door to the A4, it does quieten down a bit at night though.

Although we have stayed overnight twice, some we have spoken to are not 'comfortable' spending the night there due to its location at the rear of the Comedie theatre building and close to the city centre, so I would only recommend it to others for daytime parking to visit the city.

There is a barrier at the entrance, you need to go up the steps to the building on the left to get the code to raise the barrier or phone the number on the entrance sign.

It can be a bit awkward to find without satnav.

More info >Here<

Pete

We used th same one last year, we were lucky as a french motorhome was just leaving and he gave us the code. It is noisy but on the plus side it is only about 10 minutes walk from the cathedral.

Also as has been mentioned I think it will be difficult to find without sat nav.

Have fun Sooty 10

We tried to stop at the Reims aire on the way to skiing. We used Sat nav and got to where it should be but there were road works in the area and we couldn't work out where we needed to go. Perhaps we should have arrived in daylight!

From Mom to myself ,I was asking for a place to stay when doing a champagne fill up hope it helps.

There is a Camping Municipale in Epernay... we have stayed there many times!

http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/camping_municipal_epernay.htm

The site is quite convenient, and a van arrives each night with pizzas, wine etc. and there is a bread delivery in the mornings.

Woops sorry Mike this is Epernay .

Archived