Please point me in the right direction - Southern France

kevandali

Hi, July and August frightens us silly. top prices on sites and queues 10 miles long. Shame you have to go then.

We use camping Champs Blancs at Agde, 2 miles flat cycling from beach, 800 yds from hyper, and fantastic swimming pool complex. However we have only been there out of season (june) and have no personal info re peak season, except that site fees are top rates.

Beziers is nearest airport.

I wonder if you might consider France Passion sites, which offer overnight stops, not long stay, but are more secure than Aires. Wherever you go, enjoy the holiday, and stay secure

tonyg3nwl

Guest JudgeMental
tonyg3nwl - 2009-05-14 8:21 AM

Hi, July and August frightens us silly. top prices on sites and queues 10 miles long. Shame you have to go then.

tonyg3nwl

Wrong! Have you actually tried visiting at this time? Many of us wouldn’t either but we have no choice and I would love to travel June or September.

We are in our mid 50's and have always travelled in July/August even before the kid's because my wife is a college manager. Yes summer/high season is more expensive but weather normally more reliable. I find most places out of season frankly depressing. I have never been in a que for anything let alone a 10 mile one *-)

Managed to get sorted at last, booked into the Camping Club Napoleon, bit more than what we wanted to pay but at least now we can chill for a week once I pick the other arf up at Perpignan. Can't see any photos of the actual pitches so if anyone has any photos or has been there before please let me know. Would have prefered it when less busy but just got no choice. Thanks again for all the help.
Just working out all the places to visit on the way down.:-)

We stayed on this site last June @14euro's CC rate its a really nice site a fantastic swimming pool really clean amenities the beach is brilliant and only just along the road  a nice resort with plenty of small shops outside the site and a large supermarket about 2 miles away on the way in later today when I have a bit more time I will sort some pics out and post them on forum any other info I can give you please pm me. Kelly

JudgeMental - 2009-05-14 8:53 PM  It will be a shock after the beauty of Carcasonne and the Dordogne lol

I quite agree, Judge. Been looking at Dordogne area, beautiful. I am sure a few walks on the beach, rides on the bike and trips out, plus the odd alcoholic beverage will make the place a bit more appealing.

(note to self, prepare better for next year)

Have sent you a pm, Kelly. Thanks for the info :-)

Archived