Praise for convertor but not dealer!!!

Champstar

I am not having a run of good luck lately..see my posts about batteries and wiring problems.....

Last week upon returning to our van we found one of our lounge windows was severely damaged.....probably by brick

Did have some gaffa tape so made a temp fix but sticking the broken bits together...although unsightly but useable.

Phoned my dealer to arrange a replacement window....cant do it need to deal with Lunar direct....phoned Lunar...cant help as only deal with trade. I needed to go through my dealer...aaghh. Explained what my dealer had told me but no good. Also It would take a couple of months as my model is a Lunar badged Homecar van and was built in Belgium. I asked for a contact number for Belgium and was given one buttold they would not help.

Anyway phoned Belgium and got through to very understanding and helpful english speaking person. " We have in stock" all they needed was chasis number and exactly one week (including a weekend) the new window arrived..they even sent it out without me paying for it first.

Why cant dealers be like this and everthing would be fine.

Will never use my dealer again nor but another Lunar.

BUT I would consider a Homecar after this excellent customer service I would recommend their after sales if you deal with them direct.

Guest Tracker

And then they scratch their heads in sheer amazement when they go bust as they just can't fathom out why nobody wants to buy their products!

Swift - and others - take note!

I'm sure if these lowlifes realised the aggravation they caused through launching a brick at a caravan window....they'd do it more often !

It really does beggar belief when some of these dealers just seem to 'wash their hands of you' when the sale is made. Although I'm sure that they are in the minority. The dealer I used (Marquis) were excellent when I had a problem, and I would use them again.

Why not name the unhelpful dealer ? We can then all be aware of the dealers to avoid.

the dealer I will not name but are supposedly the biggest in Scotland.

They used have adverts in MMM but have not seen any for a while.

not that far from Perth!!! not Australia.

I have found their aftersales to be a joke..but I suppose they have a bit of a captive market here!!

Got to agree with Tracker, nobody has a captive market these days, 5 to 10minutes on the Internet, even from a library or cafe, and you can have more options than you need. There are stories of bad service from Internet dealers, but all the ones I've used have been really good, you get information on the charges and the delivery times. Usually they are very quick as well, keep you options open though and check that a dealer cannot supply at a better price or quicker, some items are for sale at greater than dealer list price and take into account postage and packing. There's quite a few adverts in MMM from spare parts dealers, they're always worth the cost of a few phone calls.

bob b - 2009-05-04 8:02 PM

I'm sure if these lowlifes realised the aggravation they caused through launching a brick at a caravan window....they'd do it more often !

It really does beggar belief when some of these dealers just seem to 'wash their hands of you' when the sale is made. Although I'm sure that they are in the minority. The dealer I used (Marquis) were excellent when I had a problem, and I would use them again.

Why not name the unhelpful dealer ? We can then all be aware of the dealers to avoid.

I used Marquis, and would never go back to the again

pete

I have used that dealer in the past and agree with your comments wholeheartedly. i have spoken to other Burstner dealers and they also mentioned that they have heard of other problems with them. Just who can you trust these days?????. Thats the problem with living in Scotland, not many dealers and lots of travelling to another. >:-(

aljen - 2009-05-05 3:09 PM I have used that dealer in the past and agree with your comments wholeheartedly. i have spoken to other Burstner dealers and they also mentioned that they have heard of other problems with them. Just who can you trust these days?????. Thats the problem with living in Scotland, not many dealers and lots of travelling to another. >:-(

At Peterborough I turned down a very tempting offer on a secondhand Burstner which fullfilled my specification except when it came to getting parts, I just couldn't trust the dealer (Who was also a converter) would be that bothered with getting parts from Burstner, I had this gut feeling that it would be pretty low on his list of priorities and I latter found out that a lot of stuff on many makers coachbuilts are deliberately made non standard as an incentive to trade up when something breaks and can't be replaced. Odd shaped shower trays being just one example. 

That wouldnt be a burstner dealer in suffolk would it? I was there in the easter break. I dont think any of the convertors can get spares quickly, parts are sourced from many countries, that includes even our own convertors. I am sure that a lot of fittings are made from all over europe and the far east to keep costs down and profits high. If its needed, we will have to wait and pay handsomely, thats life tricks im afraid

It really is amazing what dealers over here can do.

We shipped from Oz last year- had problem with the reverse A/C unit [needed a new foam inset thingy]

could not get one over here- rang the maker- bit of Ashes banter[underbl---dy statement] sent free one out in post to Uk by return- offered to pay- refused- owe them a pint some time- UK dealers take note!!!!!

Sometimes its really helpful to talk to the makers direct, cuts out the b.....it and lethargy that prevails at the dealers. My charging unit died, spoke to them direct, sent out new one, no charge. thats the service one expects from dealers, but sadly lacking from most

I have nothing but praise for my local (to me anyway) dealership they are

Richard Baldwin Motorhomes (01422 364 222)

Nothing is too much trouble even those little niggly jobs that crop up you just call in and they do their best you might have a bit of a wait but the job gets done.If your in the Halifax area give em a try!!

Disclaimer:: I have no connection with this company other than being a SATISFIED customer!

Website www.richardbaldwinmotorhomes.co.uk

Autocruise.jpg.fe77332b32e40cedf279d19ef158e779.jpg

Archived