100% MSN / GOOGLE

Guest shirley

Guest shirley
Yes we are a 100% free as said by MSN and GOOGLE. what are we ?, a motorhome forum free to sign up and view. if you can't find your answers here give us a try. but sign yourself in today to view. www.motorhometoday.co.uk thanks for your time shirley

Guest Derek Uzzell
I did sign in, but rapidly decided that the forum's structure and methodology gave me a usage enjoyment-level equivalent to fondling a porcupine. But it is free of course...

Guest Gillian
"a motorhome forum free to sign up and view" That applies equally to www.motorhomefacts.com then. Anyone can read the MHF forums so what's the big deal. Experience tells us that the vast majority of people who access forums only want to read the information and there's a huge amount available for FREE on MHF that readers can continue to enjoy.

Guest Mike Chapman
Please define FREE. Oxford English Dictionary. Free - Unrestricted, unimpeded, not restrained or fixed. Without cost or payment. Available without charge,COSTING NOTHING. Lavish, profuse using or used WITHOUT RESTRAINT. Open to all comers. Would some kind person please tell me how I can get access to any forum without having to purchase or hire a computer and software, get free registration to an ISP, get free telephone equipment and call or Broadband charges, not have to pay any electricity charges or purchase a solar panel, print out material without printer costs etc., etc. Would that same kind person please also tell me which forum I can post ANYTHING on without restraint and why I totally agree with Derek Uzell's comment about porcupines. Regards, Mike Chapman.

"Would some kind person please tell me how I can get access to any forum without having to purchase or hire a computer and software, get free registration to an ISP, get free telephone equipment and call or Broadband charges, not have to pay any electricity charges or purchase a solar panel," go to your local library - or are you including shoe leather costs?? :-)) nice one Derek , as ever ;-))

Hi Derek Ok I can understand some getting uptight about the plugging but having read, enjoyed and gained from your posts on this and other forums I would have expected more constructed criticsm from you.If you have signed in and find it lacking in some respect then why not tell somebody.MHT is trying to be a place for and about motorhoming not just a general chit chat site

Guest Derek Uzzell
Fjmike: You must have a good memory and/or deductive powers, as I don't recall posting anything (as "Derek Uzzell") in recent years on other motorhome forums. There has been a lot of publicity about the MHT website and, out of curiosity, I had done as 'Shirley' suggested and signed in and viewed it. In my less-than-humble-opinion the way the MHT forum works is unintuitive, clumsy and off-putting. As I had (and have) no intention of revisiting MHT there was no incentive for me to make critical observations about it to the website 'owners'. I've suggested previously that the more forums there are covering the same ground the more diluted their usefulness. MHT is just another motorhome website, apparently created with disaffected MHF asylum-seekers in mind, and it offers little or nothing that isn't provided by alternative free-to-join motorhome sites with superior user-friendliness. They say that no publicity is bad publicity and it may well be that many MMM forum members will be intrigued by my comment and will wish to decide for themselves whether it was justified. So MHT may even gain numbers from the 'porcupine fondling' reference if MHT visitors conclude I was wrong. Anyway, I'm unrepentant.

Guest Mike Chapman
Hello Ja, Try using a library in the evening or week-ends and I live 8 miles from the nearest. Are libraries Free or Free to use? We have to pay council tax or rent which funds the library service. The point I am trying, perhaps clumsily or maybe pedantically, to make is that there is a difference between Free and lower cost or non subscription and subscription. If MHT was being pushed as a non-subscription site no problem but it is being pushed as FREE. I question the statement 100% Free which is then contradicted with Free to sign up and view. Is MMM on-line or Practical Motorhome free or are they subsidised by an increase (probably small) on the cost of the magazine and are we therefore being subsidised by those who buy the magazine and do not use the forum. MHF is subscription and like it or not this is at least an accurate description. Regards, Mike Chapman.

Derek's previous postings on other matters on the Forum sometimes point to the fact that he likes some strange things. I just wonder therefore how he knows what it's like to fondle a porcupine? Does he know from playing with hedgehogs, or maybe when his wife's got her hair in curlers???

Guest Derek Uzzell
Where I live porcupine fondling is a traditional ritual carried out only when February the 29th coincides with a full moon. Practising for this mystical event can indeed involve hedgehogs (coincidentally this is actually our town's national emblem), though spiky cacti are more readily available and don't squirm about. I've only tried porcupine fondling once and decided it was much overrated - rather like the MHT forum in fact.

Archived