Being prepared for the unexpected

rolandrat

I've recently taken delivery of a new Auto-trail Tracker on a 3Ltr chassis and checked the tool roll which contains the Jack and so called wheelbrace, what a flimsy set up. The first thing to do was to put my 8ton bottle jack and 3/4 bar on board then I went to my local tool stockist and bought a 21mm impact socket, Ive also put an extension bar on as well so there's no chance of the nuts refusing to give now.

There must be a hell of a lot of HGV,s out there minus their bottle Jacks, I have done exactly the same thing, but Ive yet to sort a tyre out (trying to deal with a French/Dutch tyre supplier for a tyre ,will let you all know the outcome as they seem cheap even with vat and delivery paid ) for my recently bought alloy, I got one of those compressor,s and puncture repair solution fix with M/H (Useless in a blow out ) , now looking for a long breaker bar on the Car boots . :-D

Corky,

the best breaker bar is getting another vehicle to run over the knackered tyre so that it splits from the rim. When I ordered my new Auto-trail I specified it being fitted with a spare wheel, I wont go anywhere without one. Old habbits never die, as an old trucker I never had the luxury of the likes of ATS or National Tyres we had to change our own at the roadside in all weathers then carry on to our destination. We didn't have torsion bars either, we jumped on the bar until it cracked a couple of times then you knew the nut was tight.

Archived