Overnight parking on the A3?

cheetahdavie

I[we] are attending a Royal Navy re-union @ Hayling Island .We will leave Yorkshire late and I will be "hitting" the A3 at around 10Pm.

Does anyone know of a service station/park on around the A3 that will accept late arrivals

any help appreciated

(!)

You can stay overnight at most services and it doesn`t matter what time you arrive. As long as you feed the ticket machine if you`re going to be there longer than the 2 `free` hours. It`s usually between £8-10 though. (!) (?)

If you want to park up when you leave the M25 @ J10 there is a 24hr petrol sta, about 4 miles south on A23 but I don't know if you can park there.

Failing that you can carry on to the Portsmouth Truck stop, ie- End of

A3(M), Follow Portsmouth sign to next junction, the stop is on the A2030 north side of this junction, only problem is early starts by the Truckers.

You can ring them on 02392 376000.

Dave

Firstly cheetahdavie why would you want to go round the M25 to J10 to go to Pompey (Hayling Island) try this route from Yorkshire

M1 south to J15A ..follow A43 south via Silverstone to M40 to J9 A34 south via Oxford..Newbury..Winchester..

M3 south via Eastleigh..then onto M27 towards Pompey!!?? quicker route believe me I used to do it weekly and from Wakefield it took 6 hours in a HGV!!

There are plenty of places to stop en route try the services at Sutton Scotney from there about 1 hour to Pompey or before that Tot Hill at Newbury if you PM me I have a few "places" you can stay that are quiet and free!!

1308180222_AutocruiseLogo.gif.61412696fb920a4080e5c5529142d9dc.gif

cheetahdavie - 2009-05-15 5:25 PM

Thanks again. I had set off by the time i read mondos reply..but i did come back that way.

I left at around 3.30 pm and made it to Hayling Island before bed time so no real problem???

Well Davie was it any quicker coming back my way ..just casually interested if it was ??

Archived