Best Camp Site for Rome

We are off to Italy for the first time in a week. We would like to visit Rome whilst there. Can forum members suggest any suitable camp sites near Rome? Our preference is for a site outside Rome located near to a rail or bus line. We will be using the Caravan Club Europe camp site guide and the ACSI guide to find sites on our travels. As always, recommendadtions and advice much appreciated.

Richard.

Hi there,

I have twice used this one - http://www.happycamping.net/english/default.htm

Nice site with clean facilities, nice pool and a good reasonably priced restaurant. The owner is a friendly gregarious chap and the site provide a 'free' hourly shuttle bus to and from the metro station which was a Euro into the City when I was last there in Autumn 2007. The same shuttle bus will also drop you at the Supermarket and pick you and your groceries up an hour later for no extra charge.

There are other sites and 'Atrezatta', many also positioned conveniently around the ring road but this site will take some beating for a holiday experience as well as convenience.

You will make big savings by using your ACSI card - I paid about £10 a night in 2007.

Regards, Nobby.

Archived