air suspension

harl

hi to all,

i hope someone can help with what might seem a stupid question but i have just brought a peugeot autocruise and it has air suspension there are two valves behind the drivers seat can anyone tell me how much air should be in these for example what the dials should be on.

thanks for all your help

harl

Having had what sems like a similar system on 2 of our motorhomes, it probaby depends on the reason it is there.

Our first one was due to what used to be known as 'rear-end sag' on early Talbot/Peugeots when they only had one leaf spring on each rear wheel suspension. So it was really to 'level the van' for normal driving.

We have a similar system on our present van, which was to be able to adjust the height of the body at the rear to stop grounding on the sharp turn onto our driveway at a fairly steep angle - there is a moderately long overhang on the motorhome. It also helps on many ferry ramps, and can also be used to level the van on some pitches.

We tend to keep the pressure for normal driving now at 1 - 2 mbar ( not sure of the psi conversion).

Hello Harl, I have air assist suspension on my M/H which is on a fiat maxi chassis which apears to have up graded the gross weight from original burstner plated 3500kg to Fiats 4000kg, I didn't get any information about the air suspension with my documentation for the M/H (long story ) but I have found 1bar to 2 bar works well with most loads within the Vehicle ,I think its trial and error to get the right pressure in the system for whatever pressure gives the best ride for your load ,

Archived