if 282.5 is the answer, what is the question?

Hughmer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndyStothert - 2009-05-09 8:20 PM

I'm going to get Derek to write my travel features in MMM in future as he seems more than adequately silly enough, and then when the serious ones in our midst want to have a go I can point 'em in Derek's direction - whichever way that may be.

And give Dennis a break - a fair cough is a fair cough.

Not that I'm saying Derek couldn't do a good job at writing articles you understand, but somehow I don't think he'd get up to the same 'athletic' antics that you do Andy! And I'm not sure his better half would appreciate being referred at as an alternative Sit Nag! :D

Mel B - 2009-05-12 6:41 PM

AndyStothert - 2009-05-09 8:20 PM

I'm going to get Derek to write my travel features in MMM in future as he seems more than adequately silly enough, and then when the serious ones in our midst want to have a go I can point 'em in Derek's direction - whichever way that may be.

And give Dennis a break - a fair cough is a fair cough.

Not that I'm saying Derek couldn't do a good job at writing articles you understand, but somehow I don't think he'd get up to the same 'athletic' antics that you do Andy! And I'm not sure his better half would appreciate being referred at as an alternative Sit Nag! :D

What would Derek's other half's reaction be to the requirement to pose for the sort of "glamour" photo's on exotic beaches that set a number of gentlemen's pulses on this forum "juddering" a little while ago?

Bob ;-) :-D

To put us out of the misery, - the answer was questioned correctly, - first by spospe - and everhopeful picked it up later. The question is If you want to convert litres/100kms to mpg (or vice versa), - divide it into what? Answer 282.5

In answer to the question

"why would anyone need to know that - unless they have a speedo calibrated in kph and a tank big enough to take 100 litres in one go?"

It may help those thinking of importing a used van. Continentals measure fuel consumption in litres per 100 kilometers.

Guest Tracker
Hughmer - 2009-05-13 3:59 PM

I can think of one vessel that seems to contain not just 100 litres but an inexhaustible supply of hot air. So if you see it...

Thanks mate! That's the sweetest thing that anyone has said to me for ages!

Archived