Adria Compact or similar

bobbylob

Hi guys,

This is my first post, so please be gentle with me ;-)

I am in the process of buying my first motorhome with a view to travelling around Europe next year for 6-7 months.

After a lot of thinking and reading, I was considering buying a 2008 Adria Compact until I read with some dismay the VERY large threads on the probs with the Ducati 130 6-speed gearboxes.... Now I'm back to square one.

I know the issues seem to be on the larger vehicles with the gearbox and I wondered if any of you had any experience with the Adria Compact.

Alternatively, can you suggest similar models that I may be better off investigating - key criteria are good eating area, prob fixed bed with garage space. Oh, and of course, reliable.

Thanking you in anticipation

Bob :-D

Guest JudgeMental

welcome to the forum!

There are lots of alternatives to the Adria, from the likes of Hymer, EuraMobil, dethleff, Hobby etc....

And they all come on the latest Ford chassis :-D

Firstly Bobbylob ..welcome to the forum..as for the Adria unfortunately I can't help,but if you keep looking you will find what you are after.

A fixed bed was the way we went we started off last year withan Eldiss Autoquest 140 rear lounge with the pull out bed,but we upgraded to an Autocruise Startrail it's on a Peugeot with the 130 bhp engine with a six speed box thankfully no "JUDDER" or water in the engine bay as yet,we were considering a garage but the Startrail ticked a lot of boxes give it a look you may be well surprised

Happy Trails mate

Autocruise.jpg.cbd94df6c45dc6cb49683c834cb18369.jpg

Guest JudgeMental

I have a Ford and well pleased with it, many other owners on here as well

Ask over on the various Fiat threads, and I doubt that anyone would recommend them with the reversing issue remaining unresolved........

So its Ford, MB, or Renault. Its just the Ford is popular as a base vehicle with the compact coach built style of camper

Agree entirely with the Judge.

I have a Hobby Van on a Mk7 Ford Transit and it's excellent. Very reliable, 32 mpg and first year service cost £78. Slight downside is that you need to concentrate when pulling away, but you do get used to it.

Prior to the Ford I had a Knaus on a Renault Master which was good but not as easy/pleasurable to drive.  

bobbylob - 2009-05-07 4:36 PM

I know the issues seem to be on the larger vehicles with the gearbox and I wondered if any of you had any experience with the Adria Compact.

:-D

Not all the Problems are on large coachbuilt X250 Fiats/Peugeots/Citroens,

Andy S's van is a Panel van conversion, and he started the thread off, he is now 2 gearboxes and a clutch further down the line ,without a satisfactory resolution. I'd steer clear of a Sevel based vehicle for at least another year, until they have sorted the problem out ( new one from factory)

:D :D

Archived