European accessory stores online. Info needed.

Brambles

Hi everyone.

I know it has been mentioned before but can I find the info? NO!

I am trying to find the links for Motorhome accessories, camping things etc in Europe. Anyone got any links to suppliers in Europe for parts and nick naks? I recall somene posting link once to a big French supplier who was really good.

I am also looking for a new leisure battery, and trying to find out if they are cheaper on the continent. I can't. Just cannot find any suppliers on the continent with prices apart from in Czech Republic and are actually more expensive than here by a long shot which surpised me.

So does anyone know, are batteries good value in UK or cheaper in France or germany etc?

Jon.

Robinhood - 2009-05-08 12:17 PM

You could also try http://www.narbonneaccessoires.fr/info/

Ahhhh! Robinhood, you are the man, this is oneof the sites I was looking for.

I am making sure this time I put in my favouties lists under Motorhoming links so I do not lose them again.

Been phoning around trying to get my leisure battery, I want a VARTA 956002 or Direct equivalent of which there are not many and am I getting pushed from pillar to post. All the big battery suppliers say phone our Scottish branch. They say phone our local agent to you. These agents ( garages and motor dealers) don't seem to want to help and say phone our suppliers. Gosh I thought they would be pleased to get a £100 battery order. (And no Mr battery seller, I do not want a Numax, or a Unipart, or a VARTA Silver car starter battery, or an Elecsol, I want a deep discharge VARTA which your supplier assures me you can order for me and give me a price as they have plenty on the shelves.

I shall now relax wind down and browze the websites posted.

Jon.

Usinmyknaus - 2009-05-08 1:51 PM

Brambles, suggest you try www.Tayna.co.uk. They stock Varta batteries and many other makes besides and deliver next day if you order before 4.00 pm.

Their service was excellent last time I used them.

Bob

Thanks Bob - they do indeed have them. I missed them because they list as 95602 not 956002 and 70Ah not 80Ah.

Dont know if this will help,but on a trip to the U.K last year i had dealing with Alpha Batteries at Rochdale tele no 01706356356.They were great people to deal with.I have just phoned them and they say if you give them a ring with the details of what you require they will get you the Varta battery that you want.Hope this is of help. Ive no connection with this company. martin.

Brambles - 2009-05-08 12:14 PM

Hi everyone.

I know it has been mentioned before but can I find the info? NO!

I am trying to find the links for Motorhome accessories, camping things etc in Europe. Anyone got any links to suppliers in Europe for parts and nick naks? I recall somene posting link once to a big French supplier who was really good.

I am also looking for a new leisure battery, and trying to find out if they are cheaper on the continent. I can't. Just cannot find any suppliers on the continent with prices apart from in Czech Republic and are actually more expensive than here by a long shot which surpised me.

So does anyone know, are batteries good value in UK or cheaper in France or germany etc?

Jon.

By the way, we have found that batteries both vehicle and leisure are far more expensive in France than in the UK.

Thanks for info on Alpha. I have tried ringing, but no reply. Suppose on a Friday they finish up early so will try again Monday or send a message on via their website. Very kind of you to phone and check with them on my behalf.

Jon.

Randonneur - 2009-05-08 3:26 PM

Dont know if this will help,but on a trip to the U.K last year i had dealing with Alpha Batteries at Rochdale tele no 01706356356.They were great people to deal with.I have just phoned them and they say if you give them a ring with the details of what you require they will get you the Varta battery that you want.Hope this is of help. Ive no connection with this company. martin.

Hi Randonneur.

Have spoken to Alpha. Chap said they could not get and can only supply what they stock. After a bit of pushing he agreed to try and get one and would phone me back. Suggested I look at the new lucas range.

Jon

Have ordered the Varta 80 Ah Deep Cycle Semi Traction battery I want from Tayna. Afraid Alpha batteries have not got back to me. Got for £92.65 all in delivered from Tayna instead of their listed 115 delivered.

Me well chuffed.

Have had a browse through continental websites posted. They just seem to have so many nice things we don't get in camping shops here. Later will list a few addresses so we can vist their branches in the summer. Something we have always wanted to do and buy a few things but never found any camping shops except in Italy once. We want new plates and other items and would much prefer to buy abroad on holiday as gives them a little history as to where we got them.... Is that sad or what?

Archived