Ducato headlight protectors

malc d

Also check out Ebay, there is a chap selling them £40 + £8 pp approx. ( I have rounded up)

Recently I bought a brand new set on Ebay, Citroen ones (CIT-8153) but they are all the same apart from logo, for under £14.

p.s. only cost me £13.something. - bargain and brand spanking new but in an oil stained box.

Thanks for the replies.

My problem is that I ordered a set from a Fiat dealer but the ones they got me don't fit, and are apparently for the earlier Ducato.

Over the weekend ( when they couldn't contact Fiat) they were unable to establish the correct part number for the year 2003 - 2006 Ducato model

( and are 'investigating).

I was hoping that one of you wanderers would know the correct number as I'm sure there must be a number of vans around with these fitted.

I have now e-mailed Fiat customer relations so hopefully they can assist.

Thanks again for the replies.

:-|

rolandrat - 2009-05-11 12:20 PM

The latest Ducato headlamp protectors are £68 inc vat, I bought a pair from my local Fiat garage last week, what a rip off.

You were ripped off because it looks like they charged you 17.5% vat not 15%,

See http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=15205&posts=5

Of course usual, prices will have gone up since March.

By the way they are all made by the same company for the Sevel based vehicles. EGR group. Thet are made in Australia by the division EGR Pty. There is a bit of useless info for you.

http://www.egrgroup.com

I got a brand new pair for a Citroên Relay on ebay for under £14 a month ago.

The seller ( a garage ) did himself as he marked as up to 2002 not from 2002. His photo was not clear as showed them all wrapped, but the stick on decals gave it away as well as the Citroên part number CIT 8153.

(for a 2002 to 2006)

Just for general information :

Fiat no longer stock headlight protectors for the 2003-2006 Ducato.

( I had a call from Fiat UK to confirm that).

So thanks for all the other info on here, looks like I need to go the Citroen route.

:-(

Hi Brambles

I've just dug out my invoice for the headlight protectors and the cost was £59.51 plus vat @15.00 = £8.93 Total £68.44. I still think I was ripped off and yes they are made in Australia. The part number if anyone is interested is:- 0046003173 they come complete with the deflecting stickers.

I bet the wholesale price is a heck of a lot less. At over £60 you now need something to protect the protectors!!

Be careful not to slam the bonnet down, it can crack them if it hits the top of them - MOT tester did that to my last set. Next test I shall remove.

They have had to check under the bonnet for as long as I can remember - brakes pipes and system for corrosion, body structure and that will inclusd bits accessable under bonnet like inner wings suspension mounts etc, bonnet catch, and generally in the engine bay to make sure everything is secure such as the battery etc.

John H - 2009-05-14 1:28 PM

Hi Malc,

Have you tried Formula 4x4 http://www.formula4.co.uk/4x4accessories-vehicle-fiat-ducato.html

This is where I got mine from for my 2005 Ducato.

Emailed these guys and received immediate response,also been informed the headlight protectors for boxers are different to ducatos.....good informative website(am I allowed to say that) and a hell of a lot cheaper than the other one in Spalding!!(am I allowed to say that as well)!!

mondo - 2009-05-18 8:24 PM

Emailed these guys and received immediate response,also been informed the headlight protectors for boxers are different to ducatos.....good informative website(am I allowed to say that) and a hell of a lot cheaper than the other one in Spalding!!(am I allowed to say that as well)!!

Good price Mondo.

The protectors for the Ducato and Boxer are the same except for the screen printed logos.

naittaw - 2009-05-19 10:55 AM

Help ! What will fit a 2003 Boxer, where can I get them, what price ?

Read Mondo's and John H's posts above and follow the link.

£43.59 total with standard shipping.

Formula4 Tel 01677 428790

naittaw - 2009-05-19 11:29 AM

Thanks Brambles. The web site shows 3 versions Mk.1 - Mk3. Can you help with identifing which I need ?

Mk1 should be the model with glass headlights and separate indicator lights - up to 2002. Has the drop down bonnet with no sperate grill as such.

Mk2 2002 to 2006 has the plastic rectangular (sort off) headlights cplete with indicators.

Mk 3 is the latest with the frog eye headlights higher up.

However I would check with the company - some suppliers have an odd way of titling the different models and call the 2002 (onwards) ducato the mark3, which is a boxer mark 2. So much easier if suppliers would stick the dates in.

Thanks for the info folks.

Ordered mine from Formula4 on Monday, arrived this morning (Wednesday)

complete with a set of 'beam bender' stickers.

I was concerned that the instructions were marked "Ducato 2002" ( as mine is a 2003 ) but they look as if they will fit o.k.

(Being confined indoors with a temperature at the moment I can't go and try them !)

£33.35 plus £10.24 shipping.

:-|

Archived