cigarette lighter permanent live

aj8one

Adding to my last post, Maplin have a 13 watt suitcase panel on offer for £49.99 with regulator and crocodile clips, good value I think, it's not waterproof but I use a similar set up on my van dashboard to keep the battery charged.

Hope this helps, regards PKC.

pkc - 2009-05-14 4:28 PM

Found this on the net, it's for the previous model but I have posted it for the edification of anyone who may find it useful.

Regards PKC.

PKC - what a very useful document. Saved me pondering over the wiring charts and diagrams.

Edit - Typical Fiat inaccuracies and mistakes. It says in text Fuse F53 but on diagram shows it as F52. (I am checking the FIAT electronic manual).

Okay doky, for 2002/06 ducato

An easier method, have not checked on vehicle yet, is to remove the appropriate relay and short out the sockets for terminal numbers 30 and 37. TO1 is for the Aux socket, and T12 for the cigar lighter socket. This then makes use of existing fuses.

If anyone tries this do test 1st with a small fuse in series or a light bulb, just in case you make an error.

aj8one,

I am thinking this one of the solar panels from Maplin?, If so, it will be quite US for keeping your battery topped up anyway?. A better way would perhaps be to invest in having a Battery Master fitted, this piece of kit will automatically keep your starter battery topped up from the leisure battery if there is a fall of 0.5 volts, between the two. Battery drain sometimes happens on some makes of M/Homes when they have Alarms and Radio's fitted. My Radio is wired up (in line fuse) to the Leisure battery via a switch on the dash, this also gets over the 20 minute cut off problem. On the odd occasion my M/Home as stood 5 weeks and still started first time. it's a Chausson by the way. see WWW.vanbitz.co.uk

Em.

Brambles - 2009-05-17 1:30 PM

Okay doky, for 2002/06 ducato

An easier method, have not checked on vehicle yet, is to remove the appropriate relay and short out the sockets for terminal numbers 30 and 37. TO1 is for the Aux socket, and T12 for the cigar lighter socket. This then makes use of existing fuses.

If anyone tries this do test 1st with a small fuse in series or a light bulb, just in case you make an error.

Update in case anyone is trying this on 2002 on model.

Left side of dash fuse box. T12 relay is for the Aux power socket (right side of central pocket) and the relay also powers the heater fan. So mod for that one has to be done by removing fuse F44 and linking bottom of it and link via new fuse holder to top of fuse 36 or 62.

For the cigar socket it is relay T01 and it can be linked across terminals 80 and 37. As far as I can tell nothing else is powerd by this relay.

Position of relays and labels to NOT match the ids on rear of fuse panel cover. T12 is top second from left position. T01 is relay 3rd from left position.

This was checked on a 2003 2.0 JTD.

Archived