Southern Show 15-17 May

Kris

Sorry about last post. Finger slipped.

As we are newbies we have never been to a motorhome show, but are planning to go to the Southern show at Newbury this coming weekend, so if you dont mind I have a few questions.

We have not pre booked, (to stay overnight) so can anyone tell me how easy is it to book on the day of arrival for that coming night?

The camping fee (& entertainment) fee is £30-36 approx.) We may only want to stay the one night, possibly two. So can you book for just one night?

Thursday is advertised for" Ralliers" only. Is Thursday just for the exhibitors to set up, or can anyone arrive on Thursday, or do we have to wait till Friday?

Has anyone been to the Newbury Show before. How crowded does it get?

Kris

Hi Kris

Arrivals from 12pm Thursday £36 you could arrive later and pay less £34 from Fri. But you cannot opt to leave earlier and pay less. You pay up to miday Monday. We have been once as a day visitor and once to camp. Did find it slightly noisy from the surrounding roads. The show was OK on both occasions not up to Peterbough of course but worth a visit. i'm sure many more will post there opinions. Enjoy your MH and the show.

Kris - 2009-05-11 6:38 PM Sorry about last post. Finger slipped. As we are newbies we have never been to a motorhome show, but are planning to go to the Southern show at Newbury this coming weekend, so if you dont mind I have a few questions. We have not pre booked, (to stay overnight) so can anyone tell me how easy is it to book on the day of arrival for that coming night? The camping fee (& entertainment) fee is £30-36 approx.) We may only want to stay the one night, possibly two. So can you book for just one night? Thursday is advertised for" Ralliers" only. Is Thursday just for the exhibitors to set up, or can anyone arrive on Thursday, or do we have to wait till Friday? Has anyone been to the Newbury Show before. How crowded does it get? Kris

Hi Kris,

We are travelling down on Thursday for a couple of days. You should have no problem booking for overnights on the day of arrival.

The show is open from 1.0pm on Thursday but only to "campers."

Bear in mind that the fees that you have quoted include camping plus entertainment each night - except Saturday where there is an extra charge to see Ricky Tomlinson - "Newbury My A***."

Finally, don't forget your wellies, weather forecast is not good.

Guest Tracker

We were planning on going but as we have decided to keep the present van due to the inadequacies and ridiculously high prices of the newer ones, plus there are no bits and pieces that we need, added to which is the ever spiralling cost of camping and the resulting sum total is that we have become disillusioned with makers, converters and show organisers and have decided not to bother for a while.

Good luck to those who do go and we hope the sun shines for you.

One last word - sorry two words - CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Thanks to Den & Bazza454 for their replies.

The weather looks set to be very wet. Lets hope all those heavy motorhomes dont sink on the soft grass.

OK rain, Im ready for you, but please not too much.

I hope we will be able to pick up a few tips from other campers as we are so green at this you would not believe the daft things we have done in the few months we have had our little motorhome.

Kris

well peterboro was a rubbish forcast but me an alice was baked in sunshine all weekend, so u can never tell. if us all followed the forcasts my luvvers we wood never go any where, wood us? and as for trackers inadequatacies, if he feels that inadequate, alice says, he should really upsize to sumthing loke a rv. e be all better then my biddies.

festivalfred

Archived