stolen diesel oil

trikershaun

hi all. some swine has stolen some of my fuel from the tank.

what i was hoping is, is there any one that could advise on how to put a locking cap on a 50 dodge.

is there a truck out there that has the same fitting as the dodge or do some one know of a shop that can help.

i rang the police and they tell me that a few vans were done over in ipswich latly so be awere.

I am very doubtful you will get a positive answer to your question on this forum, though you never know your luck!

I notice that, if you GOOGLE UK webpages, using "Dodge 50 truck" as the search term, there are quite a few hits that might be useful, including

http://www.dodge50.co.uk/

If no locking filler-cap is available, I guess you might be able to fit to your Dodge's fuel-tank an anti-syphon device of the sort shown on:

http://www.syphon-sound.co.uk/

(I would think it should be fairly easy to DIY something (a piece of stainless-steel mesh a few inches down in the fuel-tank's neck?) that stops a siphoning-tube reaching down into the tank but still allows fuel to be put in.)

Agree with Derek, try an anti syphon device.

Another simple way is to only leep a small amount of fuel in the tank and top up when you are going on your travels, that way they can only nick a few litres. Bit of a pain maybe but it should give you piece of mind until you can sort your filler out.

Mike

iv tried the dodge site and have had no replies as yet, and as for leaving just a little bit of fuel well sadly that will not work as the is a bloom in drain bolt at the bottom and also to get the gage to read the empty point it needs 20 quids worth. lol mind you the mesh idea will help.

Ranger - 2009-05-12 11:21 AM Roll a bit of galvanised wire netting into a ball and stuff it down the filler tube.[/quote

i was thinking some thing of the same but with a land rover filler filter riveted in to the top of the neck, but your way is so much simpler.i may go there with it, just got to sort the drain bolt out next!

I used to know a guy in bournemouth who used to break dodge 50 and could get anything you wanted! I got mine from him (locking cap) Cheap too!

If i recall, you should have a lorry tank fitted - big rectangular thing with a neck pocking out from the side body - if so you have two options.

1. Measure the width of the neck, and contact a lorry parts supplier for a universal one of that size which are easily available.

2. Remove the whole tank and replace with a sealed one (no drain plug) and with a locking cap

Both will need looking at lorry parts suppliers or truck accessories.

Archived