ANOTHER CHANGE OF HANDS

Clive

What was Collins Caravans of Woolhampton near Aldermaston for many years was purchased by Lowdhams leisure some little while back. For the last 2 weeks the phone has been answered by "Webbs Motorcaravans".

It seems that Webby has spread from his other site near Warminster.

Southern Caravan Company seem to have half the site and Webbs the other.

Both I understand familly owned businesses.

Lets hope they are successfull.

C.

Hello Clive, for the benefit of those of us reliant on Lowdham's warranties, is your drawing our attention to the change of policy from acquisition to sale of the site by Lowdhams significant? Us neophytes tend to take notice of the old hands on this forum.

Bob

I don't know about Lowdhams finances but could wonder if their timing of the aquisition of Colins just before the downturn was less than an ideal moment to commit themselves to significant new investments.

A local friend who purchased a caravan from this Woolhampton domain 6 months back returned the otherv day to have some warranty work done (the fridge did not work) only to find new names on the establishment. However the work was carried out swiftly, under warranty and with no hassle He was a happy bunny.

Discover I understand have also closed 7 outlets.

Its tough out there!

C.

Turns out the site Clive refers to is what was Lowdhams Leisureworld at Padworth, Reading who had been looking after my Knaus. The info I got this morning is that the change happened very suddenly. Lowdhams took out all the computers, the new owner Webbs Motorcaravans took over the workshops and the staff and that was that. If I want to preserve my van's warranty until it expires on 16 June it has to go all the way to Nottingham for its second habitation check.

Bob

Archived