Motor Insurance Database

Guest Tracker

fred grant - 2009-05-12 7:30 PM

you is misleadin tracker me ansum, it will not stop u gettin stopped by the police, if you is brakin the law my luvver u will still be stopped.

getyerfactsritetrakkerfred

Mention of a tractor and "insurance issues" reminds me of the time when a mini driven by a friend was stationary in a passing place in a lane in deepest rural, Welsh-speaking, heartland, Wales when the tractor we had given way to, driven eratically by a 13 year old boy sitting in his father's lap, careered across the road and demolished most of the mini. On arriving many hours' journey later at the nearest police station to give details of the incident and decribe the tractor which had departed the instant an almost indecipherable note had been thrust into our hands, we were kept waiting for an amount of time which befitted our status as invading English. When the time finaly came to recount the tale, my friend's first sentence was interrupted by the policeman's opinion "Orh, you've hit one of our tractors 'ave you? There's careless now, I'd better take the details."

Bob. :-S

Thanks Tracker, that's useful to know. I'll make a point of checking any time I change insurer (likely next month) as I suppose it is possible that a change might not be registered which could then cause all sorts of problems as you suggest if insurance does not show up on A PNC roadside check by police.

Bob

There are some issues with this database.

Firstly - when you renew your insurance your company/broker will inform the authorities who maintain this database. However, the authorities will not update the details until the effective date, ie the policy commencement. It may not be done then but up to 7 days later so you may be in a position where, despite renewing in good time you are shown as not being insured.

Secondly - if you renew in good time in order to tax your vehicle online you will be out of luck and be forced to use a Post Office, if you can find one.

Not an urban myth as we found recently.

Government IT is the problem.

;-)

Guest Tracker
Which is why it pays to keep a copy of the certificate with you or at least the policy number and insurers name and phone number so it can be verified

Archived