'3' mobile dongle free payg

chatterdog

http://www.3dongle4free.co.uk/

this was posted on another forum so i thought it might be of interest to some members on here seeing as there is usually lots of folk enquiring about them. its on the 10.00 monthly topup for 1gb but isuppose you could have the higher allowance for the extra payment eg 15.00 for 3gb

not bad for nothing so to speak for people who want occasional use while away rather than a monthly contract. They used to cost £99 then when they got more popular they dropped to £50 now nothing

Hi just looked at this and I am a little concerned as the company that appears to be offering this does not seem to be 3 but some other company called Micro Peripherals. There appears to be no link back to 3 to check out exactly what is being offered so is this genuine?

Bas

duetto owner - 2009-05-14 8:19 AM would these dongles work out cheaper than CC sites wifi charges?

I recently stayed on a CC site, left my dongle at home and ended up paying £8 for 4 hours wifi so that I could access some important e-mails, the 3 dongle that I have costs £9.75 per month therefore this certainly works out cheaper than the CC charges.

We are currently down at Newbury and the 3 signal is as strong as broadband at home, however there are many areas of the UK where the signal is hopeless, so I guess the compromise is use the dongle where the signal is strong and the CC wifi where it's weak. 

Surely the best option is the vodafone payg where you dont loose your credit every month,thats definitely cheaper than paying for wifi on sites,on that note though just come back from France and Belgiun for 3 weeks and the 3 sites that we stayed on gave free wifi access,we getted ripped off every way possible in this country

I bought a T-mobile dongle on Sunday for £34.99 including 30 days internet connection.

Coverage is not bad - it's just a bit slow where I am at the moment.

You do not have to top-up every month - in fact if you leave it more than 9 months between top-ups, you just ask T-mobile for a new SIM card free of charge.

£2 per day, £7 per week or £15 per month for 3GB.

You can also send free text messages.

3 are offering a "starter pack" which includes a dongle, loadsd with 12gig. It has a life of 12 months.

If the data is used before the 12 months is up, you purchase a new media card (payg)....if after a year you still have data left, hard luck, it can not be rolled over.

However, for light use, at around £98.00 its not a bad deal. I'm considering it, as we spend up to 6 months in europe, that gives me 2 gig / month! and I could update in 12 months time.

This can be used in 3's sister organisations, in europe, so I'm told, not seen this in print yet.

Nomadic

As an aside to this ... I heard on the news tonight that T-Mobile (I think it was them!) are going to allow the cost of mobile phone calls from abroad to the UK to be charged at the same rate as a UK call during the period June to August. I assume this means that if you have a contract and get X amount of minutes included, the cost will just be deducted off this as if it were a call made in and to the UK.

This can be used in 3's sister organisations, in europe, so I'm told, not seen this in print yet.

I believe 3 have stopped or are stopping their reciprocal agreements with their European networks, so it'll be back to paying for each mb.

For UK use unless you are a very heavy user the Vodafone one still appears to be the best option.

I’ve been working away this week using Vodafone dongle from Monday evening until Thursday morning for about half hour each morning & 1 – 2 hours an evening total of about 6–7 hours cost was 75 pence.

Archived